I’m at a crossroads for the x35/pg35 or the new alienware

thedemoncowboy
thedemoncowboy Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
As of now I’ve had 5 or 6 x35 with hair behind the screen, dead pixels, or scan lines. Which is a bummer for a $2499.99 monitor. 

I’m in a tough situation because I’ve had similar with their x27 and pg27uq with Qc. I have not tried the pg35 yet, but can buy off of micro center.com and get it shipped but worries about their replacement policy for dead pixels etc. I think one dead pixel is bad for a $3000 monitor.

so my question to you guys that have had years albeit the flickering or scan lines. Should I stick to the new alienware aw3420dw or go with the pg35

I love IPS obvious reasons, but concerned about FALD or lack there of on the alienware. However if QC and immersion is better I’d do it.

Im frustrated cause acer and Asus are literal dog ***** when it comes to customer service. In fact the email
that Asus sent me I posted on amazon and within one day it was removed. 

So for you guys that are past your return windows or monitor nerd like me what should I do? I can’t keep exchanging monitors and want one that will actually work and not come with a surplus of dead pixels 

Answers

• thedemoncowboy
    thedemoncowboy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thanks for any feedback 
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    edited November 2019

LCD displays are made up of a set number of pixels and each pixel is made from 3 sub-pixels - one Red, one Blue and one Green. Each sub-pixel has its own transistor, which makes manufacturing the glass substrate very complex.

Due to the nature of the manufacturing process, occasional defects can occur. Pixel defects or failures cannot be fixed or repaired and can happen at any stage in the LCD's life. There are two types of pixel defects:

We suggest you contact Acer support in your region for further assistance.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.