Laptop battery seems to drain fast! - A515-51G

starrysky1213
starrysky1213 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have a Acer Aspire 5 laptop of model A515-51G that was bought two years ago. Initially I had 1TB of HDD on my laptop and installed a 240 GB of M.2 2280 SSD last week. Everything seems fine accept the laptop battery seems to drain faster than it is. Drain rate at 1% per 2-3 minutes. Is it this consider normal? 

Answers

• starrysky1213
    A515-51G-55A5
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Can you time a drain from full charge to power off? It might just be incorrect stats...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • starrysky1213
    Hi, I didn't time it but just checked the battery report generated in windows 10 and it shows the drainage is 26% in an hour and 22 minutes. Would that be normal?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Really often the reports that Windows generates are really, really off. If you typically run with ether a full charge and only partially discharge, or run on low battery and only charge part way the stats will get off. That's why you give the full charge/discharge cycle a try. It's a b it of a pain to try and watch for it to shutdown when the battery finally gets low enough, but often you'll find numbers like you are reporting for the first 25% yet it'll take 8 or 10 hours to go all the way.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.