How to fix this ? - predator 15 NG-G9-591-71DQ

Darcus
Darcus Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey guys, my laptop is predator 15 NG-G9-591-71DQ its used pc, bought it like 2 years ago from online website, he worked perfectly, but got bad in time because of unstoppable windows updates. each time i do windows update he get worse and worse, i couldn't stop it, even using service and disabling windows update, it turn on automatically by it self and keep going. After first half year, i got tired of it and i formatted my pc, now my pc cant restart anymore after the format, formatted it again, and the problem stayed there, every time i restart the screen plugged off, or do something on it self like flashing lights etc... But the pc him self boot normally, all what i do to take it away and stay on my normal screen is close screen and re open it, and i always have to do it since then, and now after the new updates non stop, its been 3 months i have problem with drop FPS for no reason, and wifi disconnecting randomly, even tho i can see other people in game moving normally, i just cant tell my character to move, and then the game kick me out for disconnecting. Is there anyway to stop this ? or should i just give up and get a new laptop, its not easy at all, i barely had money to buy a used one from someone in online website....

Best Answer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,747 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970M is the bottle neck. It is a very old card.
    Try reducing your graphics from 1920x1080 to 1600x900 and see if that helps - this is purely from your performance point of view.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve

Answers

• sri369
    What are your laptop specs - like CPU, GPU, memory and such.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • Darcus

Tinkerer

intel core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPU's)
    2 graphics cards: Intel HD graphics 530 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970M
    16 GB ram, 512 GB SSD, 1TB HDD (my game is in SSD)
    Windows 10 Pro build 1903
    formatted it like 2 days ago to install a new windows to fix my problems, but it didn't.
    the game i try to make it move smoothly with 60 FPS is Destiny 2, i run it with LOWEST settings and still doesnt get 60 FPS except for some sec and the rest 30 and lower. i installed all drivers i even added such as C++ programs from 2003 to 2017 or something. I have the latest driver from Nvidia using geforce experience program, have latest drivers from intel using driver assistant from intel website. and i have updated windows from windows update to make sure everything is up to date.
  • sri369
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970M is the bottle neck. It is a very old card.
    Try reducing your graphics from 1920x1080 to 1600x900 and see if that helps - this is purely from your performance point of view.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • Darcus

Tinkerer

That fixed my FPS drop, thank you so much, but my internet still drop, any solution for it ?
  • sri369
    Darcus said:
    That fixed my FPS drop, thank you so much, but my internet still drop, any solution for it ?
    One issue closed!

Second... Internet connection drop could be for a variety for reasons - including your router. If you are on WiFi, try connecting to LAN directly and see if that helps. Atleast it would help eliminate that the router is not the issue.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful