"Low effect charger connected" without any charger connected

MissMaja
MissMaja Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi!
My Chromebook CB512 repeadtedly gives ther error message as stated in the title, irrespectively if a charger is connected or not. It charges, but slowly. Message comes appox every 15 second and makes the screenlight twinkle. I though ut was the battery and got a new one, but no change...
Have the latest OS installed and also made a complete power flush. I am out of ideas...
Just to scrap my old friend (2 years only)?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    MissMaja 
    Please try hard reset that can be done by powering down, removing all peripherals, and holding down the power button for 60 seconds.
    Are you using the original power adapter (charger) and cable that came with the Acer Chromebook? 
    Other chargers, such as from a phone, do not put out enough power. Also, some other cables can work, but some are not able to carry the full power that the Chromebook requires. Long cables are frequently incapable of full power, unless they are specifically rated for it.
    There are a couple of other things to consider.  Where the charger is connected.  Connecting a charger to a power strip, may indeed be the source of the issue.  Similar to using a usb hub, where the number of other connections, or even the overall power going into the charger, could impact the output.  Consider plugging directly into the wall first.  see if that helps. 
    In the mean time if you have another USB c cable try connecting that to the device and charging port to see if you can isolate it to, or rule out the cable. Likewise if you have another USB c device try charging that from the cable and see if it works. Also, try a replacement charger.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • MissMaja
    MissMaja Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for anwering! I use my normal charger and I have tested with another one as well. I can fully charge the battery, but it takes time and with the error message.
    The error message keeps popping up even without the charger connected, and I might live with that, but the screen light blips everytime the message is given. The battery indicator switch sign back and forth from the flash sign/sinus sign.