Where to find battery replacement for switch alpha 12? - switch alpha 12 SA5-271

Options
SA_senior
SA_senior Member Posts: 11 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I have the switch alpha 12 SA5-271 since 2006. It works very well until recently the internal battery swollen cause the touchscreen popped out. I've managed to remove the broken battery and the touchscreen now backed to normal position. ...But I couldn't find the battery replacement anywhere! Can anybody in this community help me to find one? The laptop still running well and it's shame to throw it away just for the bad battery. Thank you~

Answers

• SA_senior
    SA_senior Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options
    SA_senior said:
    Hello, I have the switch alpha 12 SA5-271 since 2006. It works very well until recently the internal battery swollen cause the touchscreen popped out. I've managed to remove the broken battery and the touchscreen now backed to normal position. ...But I couldn't find the battery replacement anywhere! Can anybody in this community help me to find one? The laptop still running well and it's shame to throw it away just for the bad battery. Thank you~
    Sorry, I meant 2016 ...
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    Heheh, 2006 would have been a *really* early prototype. I found the replacement battery for mine on Amazon, but they are available from Acer directly or through eBay as well. I'd expect also from Newegg and the like.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.