Are Acer Services always this bad ? Aspire 3

Subhrajit
Subhrajit Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I got an Acer Aspire 3 on 15.07.19 and it worked fine until 17.09.19, then it wouldn’t switch on although it would charge. I lodged a complaint on 21.09.19 and the guy said they’d send a technician within a few days. After the technician assessed the problem he said that the keyboard was faulty and needed to be replaced. I have been waiting for over a month now for the new keyboard, I kept calling them and they said it’s not available, finally on 19.10.19 they said that the keyboard has arrived at my local service center(did not specify which one or where). It’s been 10 days now and there is no word from them, they don’t pick up their phones, the local number they gave me is invalid and there is no word from them at all. I am a college student and the laptop is very important for my studies especially since my exams are near. So I ask again, does this vile company get some sort of XXXXXXXXXXXX by cause inconvenience to their customers ?

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    Sorry. You have posted your complaint here on an ACER user's forum. We are ACER users like yourself, not ACER customer service employees nor a link to ACER warranty service support. You must check your repair status thru this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support
    Not sure what service center your machine is at but it's probably one of the following in this link

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi Subhrajit,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Acer Aspire 3 and the repair process. Just to clarify, the Acer Community (Forum Discussions), were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users with their questions or troubleshooting inquiries. Although this community is not a direct portal to Customer service, Acer employees may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer moderators may interact with members when appropriate. (case by case basis).

Primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, articles with knowledge and troubleshooting techniques etc. The Acer community is not designed for direct customer support consultation, case status, complaints, parts requests or sponsorship/donations requests.  

Can you please send me a private message with the serial number of your unit and/or the case number provided by your local Acer repair services for this repair for follow up?

Thank you for your interest and participation in the Acer Support Forums, 

Acer-Manny