Word Processing on 2018 Acer 15.6" HD WLED Chromebook 15 ?

velotrain
velotrain Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I'm considering buying this as and the only complaint I find is less than great screen resolution ( 1366 x 768 vs 1920 x 1080 ), but I am used to a PC and Word.  This would be for travel only so I don't have anything I need to interface with, but wanted to find out if this comes loaded with a Word Processor?  I saw something about being able to load limited versions of Office, but would rather not have to pay for Word if something similar is installed.

I'm not very impressed with Acer's support.  I have a bit of slur in my voice so prefer email, but couldn't find any.  
I tried Chat, but it presumes you already own an Acer product - which I've never encountered before and seems pretty dumb and discouraging to potential customers.
I tried calling, but the electronic response couldn't deal with my slur and disconnected.
Sooo - that brings me here as a court of last resort!

Answers

• velotrain
    velotrain Member Posts: 2 New User
    ==>>  Forget it - I went deeper in the Amazon reviews and discovered multiple problems including poor QC, with many needing to be returned in weeks.  I may not get a chromebook after all, and almost certainly not an Acer.