CPU upgrade and RAM - Acer ax1310

Options
13MDB
13MDB Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have an older Acer ax1310 desk top computer I would like to upgrade the CPU It has the AMD Athlon II x2 that it originally came with. It runs ok I am currently running Linux mint on it and would like to try to get a little more out of this computer.

Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    have you already changed the stock hdd to an ssd?
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Gawain said:
    have you already changed the stock hdd to an ssd?
    SSD upgrade only increases read and write speeds, but not in processing.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good afternoon 13MDB !

What EXACT model of your computer?
    Example: AX1031-U1312

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited November 2019
    Options
    also, which desktop environment are your runnnig - gnome/xfce/cinnamon etc.  All play a big role on older hardware.  As an example, i am writing from an old acer with a quad core temash amd (1Ghz) but with an sdd, it runs much better than with the old mechanical drive (basically because you are reading/writing system files whenever you do anything along with the background processes for the operating system).  With gnome, it's terrible as it's a high resource use environment, same goes for cinnamon.  But is great with xfce, or kde (opensuse) or even deepin (with manjaro).   as It's a athlon 2, is this pc a little under 10 years old?