Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

GPU Driver Issue with TC-705 after Windows 10 Update

I have an Acer TC-705 desktop with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 GPU.  Three monitors were supported at their highest resolution.

Last night, I updated Windows 10.  When the computer was turned on again, only one monitor was supported at 640x480 resolution. 

Under "Display Adapters" in Device Manager, Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is listed.  I took the following steps:
1. Reinstalled Windows 10
2. Updated everything that Windows suggested
3. Installed the latest BIOS (P11-B4), this fixed the resolution problem (now displays 1920x1080)
4. Updated the NVIDIA drivers from NVIDIA's site

When the GPU drivers installed, the computer reset but the Display Adapter in Device Manager stayed at Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.  I looked up all available drivers from Acer and downloaded them.  There is a VGA driver for NVIDIA, however, that gives me an error when I attempt to install it.

What am I doing wrong?

FAQ & Answers