Monitor stops working when trying to play video - Acer KG271

smwoodcrafts
smwoodcrafts Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I really hope someone can tell me how to fix this. I have an HP laptop running Windows 10 and an Acer KG271 monitor. I started out using the Acer as the monitor with the laptop closed. This works fine, but if I go on a website like Netflix or AT&T TV Now, any video site except YouTube, the monitor stops receiving a signal and starts scanning all the inputs. I have to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in and it works until I make ANY change. Then it shuts down again. It's not just this laptop either, it's any laptop. I've also tried extending the display so both are on and duplicating the display. It happens the same way. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
XXXXXXX

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

Answers

• smwoodcrafts
    smwoodcrafts Member Posts: 4 New User
    Really? Nobody has seen this before?
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    We are sorry you are having an issue with your monitor image.
    If your monitor is not displaying properly, there are a few things you should check to help determine the exact cause of the issue. Some video problems may originate with the video card, video driver, or an incorrect display setting. If the basic troubleshooting steps below do not resolve the issue, please contact our customer service.

let us know if this works for you.

Regards,
    Acer-Karp.
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Likely it's an issue with the laptop, not the monitor.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    hello smwoodcrafts,

Like our ACE member billsey,

the issue you are having with some videos not playing could be with the laptop. please contact the manufacture of your product for assistance.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.