Replacing hard drive for Acer Spin 1

GlacierMagic
GlacierMagic Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey, I have an Acer Spin 1 (specifically SP111-31-C2W3) and would like to replace the hard drive as it only has 32GB of storage. Is this possible, and is there any other parts I can replace/add to? (RAM extenders, processor, etc.)

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,476 Trailblazer
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    You might be able to add a garden variety 2.5" HDD or SSD SATA drive and keep the soldered-in 32GB emmc drive as the boot drive. Basically, you have the same 32GB C : system drive with a 500GB or more 2.5" HDD or SSD D : drive. You would have to open your laptop to see if you have the 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD connector as show in the image below.  You can also upgrade the RAM to 8GB DDR3 laptop module.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited November 2019 Answer ✓
    You might be able to add a garden variety 2.5" HDD or SSD SATA drive and keep the soldered-in 32GB emmc drive as the boot drive. Basically, you have the same 32GB C : system drive with a 500GB or more 2.5" HDD or SSD D : drive. You would have to open your laptop to see if you have the 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD connector as show in the image below.  You can also upgrade the RAM to 8GB DDR3 laptop module.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Please read my edited comment. You must check to make sure that you have the 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD connector on your mainboard. Some mainboards may not have this connector. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ