Predator Helios 300 replaced motherboard was malfunctioning, asked for replacement, its been 25 days

krawer
krawer Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have Predator Helios 300 PH315-51V7 in India. It was overheating so I requested for service and they replaced the motherboard within 2-4 days but the next day it started malfunctioning, asked for servicing again as it is in warranty. The serviceman came and again requested his service center to replace motherboard, its been 25 days they have not recieved any compatible motherboard and status on tracking page is still showing 'Awaiting Spares'. I want to know how much time does it take more to get me a good working motherboard and is their any way this process could be faster or if I can contact someone else in acer to make it quicker. Its really frustrating now. If they are not getting refurbished one they must replace it with new one right? Else the victim would be waiting for months.

Thanks for replying in advance. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,848 Trailblazer
    Sorry. You have posted here on an ACER users forum. We are ACER users just like you, not ACER employees.  customer service reps or a link to warranty repairs. You must keep checking the repair tracking page of updates on your service order. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• krawer
    Thanks JackE for reply. I just wanted to know that if someone has already been through this phase and what did they do for faster resolution. 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    krawer as usual the support speed its not the same on all countries this is due to probably the third party sub contracted repair centers to provide warranty support (because neither acer neither any other manufacturer have repair centers in all countries that would be a massive budget to work with)  my suggestion is for you to keep pushing them everyday or a resolution and escalate it to the highest also bare in mind whne it comes to mobo replacements not always they have donor mobos in stock so they have to ask acer for the exact component stock availability and to be shipped in order to get it replaced but as i said just keep pushing 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited November 2019
    Hi krawer,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Predator Helios 300 and the repair process. The response time to give a diagnosis is approximately 10-15 business days, the repair time will depend on the availability of the parts in case the equipment requires it (when the parts are ordered it can take 1-4 weeks to be received), unfortunately, we don't have any other contacts that can accelerate this process as it depends on the delivery time of the part to continue with the repair. Acer warranty is only for repair and not for replacement or refund of the unit, you can read the Acer warranty here.

Note: Let me just clarify, the Acer Community (Forum Discussions), were designed as a peer to peer support community. Although this community is not a direct portal to Customer service, Acer employees may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer moderators may interact with members when appropriate. (case by case basis). Primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, articles with knowledge and troubleshooting techniques etc. The Acer community is not designed for direct customer support consultation, case status, complaints, parts requests or sponsorship/donations requests.  

Can you please send me a private message with the serial number of your unit and/or the case number provided by your local Acer repair services for this repair and i will be happy to send a follow-up request to our contacts in India? Please keep in mind that i cannot guarantee any changes or that you will be contacted within a certain time, i recommend to follow up with your local Acer service center if you're not contacted within 72 business hours.

Note: This thread will be now close.  

Thank you for your interest and participation in the Acer Support Forums, 

Acer-Manny 

• krawer
    edited November 2019
    Thanks xapim for reply.

• krawer
    Thanks Acer-Manny I have sent you the message