I have AN515-51 laptop, the keys "en","i,", "l.", etc. work as a combo even when not intended to.

Options
ABLS_Shikazu
ABLS_Shikazu Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The same problem occurred with my gaming mouse that I bought separately. Even now, I couldn't type using my keyboard, I'm using the on-screen keyboard to type. Someone pls. help me, my JAVA project is halfway through , and it is for my final project. I've tried uninstalling the driver and restarting my PC, yet no change.

Answers

• ABLS_Shikazu
    ABLS_Shikazu Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Guys pls. help! I'll explain again , when I press my "a" key in my keyboard, "tab", "caps lock" and "F1" are pressed simultaneously . Similarly, when I press "e" key, "h", "n" and "8" keys are pressed simultaneously. There are 4 or more combinations like this.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    That type or error is typically an internal short in the keyboard. Keyboard keys are recognized by a matrix, when you press down on a key it actually shorts two layers together, giving something like an X,Y array to the system. If you have a short on the X and press down on any character served by that X the X,Y passed is actually each of the Xs plus the Y causing it to look like you're pressing several keys at once. Unless there is a contaminant in the keyboard (you didn't spill a Mountain Dew on it did you? :)) the only fix is a keyboard replacement. If you did spill on it you might be able to disassemble it and clean it to get it back. Some models allow disassembly, but most do not.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.