Installing Windows Office 2010 on Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53

jwrobel
jwrobel Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
How can I install Office 2010 on my Acer. I can't get passed the preinstalled Office 365 activation!? I bought an external optical disk to attempt to do so as I have a hard copy on disk.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    jwrobel said:
    Thanks for your attention. I don't think I explained myself correctly. I have Office 2010 on disk and I purchased an external optical drive as this particular laptop doesn't have one built in. When I attempted to install Office 2010 from the external drive the laptop kept trying to get me to activate the pre-installed Office 365. I don't want to pay for something I already have.
    He is trying to tell you to uninstall Office 365 so that Office 2010 gets installed from your DVD and activate it later.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi jwrobel

Activation can fail if you have multiple copies of Office installed. Let's uninstall any versions of Office you aren't using before we continue to troubleshoot.

1. Open Control Panel using the steps below for your operating system:

• Windows 10 On the Windows 10 task bar, type Control Panel in the Type here to search box, select Control Panel in the search results, and then select Programs and Features.

• Windows 8.1 or 8 Right-click the Start button Windows Start button in Windows 8 and Windows 10 (lower-left corner), select Control Panel, and then select Programs and Features.

• Windows 7 Click Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program.

2. In the Search Programs and Features box (upper-right corner) of Programs and Features, search for the word office.

You might see multiple versions installed, like this:

Shows two copies of Office installed in Control Panel

If more than one version appears, right-click the version you aren't using and select Uninstall.

If only one version is listed, you can go to Step 3: Check your Office 365 subscription status.

3. When the uninstall is finished, restart your computer.

4. Open an Office app and sign in, if prompted.

5. If Office still won't activate, try running an online repair as described in Repair an Office application to fix up the remaining install of Office. If you still can't activate, proceed to the next step.

• jwrobel
    jwrobel Member Posts: 6 New User
    Thanks for your attention. I don't think I explained myself correctly. I have Office 2010 on disk and I purchased an external optical drive as this particular laptop doesn't have one built in. When I attempted to install Office 2010 from the external drive the laptop kept trying to get me to activate the pre-installed Office 365. I don't want to pay for something I already have.
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    jwrobel said:
    He is trying to tell you to uninstall Office 365 so that Office 2010 gets installed from your DVD and activate it later.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!