Acer Predator Helios 300 PH-317-53-73PF - Wi-Fi Problem.

Wooper
Wooper Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
I'm using acer predator helios 300(PH-317-53-73PF). When I use Ethernet everything is ok, but when I use Wi-Fi, Windows cant find proxy server and I can use only few websites. I've already done network reset, all the drivers are installed. I've got this problem on 2 routers. On the Phone everything is ok.
Thanks for help. 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    @Wooper

Disable proxy

If you’re getting Unable to connect to proxy server error message, you might want to try disabling your proxy. This is rather simple and you can do it by following these steps:

1. Open Internet Options window.
    2. Go to the Connections tab and click the LAN Settings button.
      Unable to connect to proxy server Chrome
    3. Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN option and click on OK to save changes.
      Error proxy server connection failed

You can also disable proxy by doing the following:

1. Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
    2. When Settings app opens, go to Network & Internet section.
      Cannot connect to proxy server Windows 10
    3. Select Proxy from the menu on the left. In the right pane, be sure to turn off all options.
      Cant connect to the proxy server Microsoft Edge

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Is dns and IP automatic?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Wooper

Tinkerer

Jack22 said:
    @Wooper

Disable proxy

If you’re getting Unable to connect to proxy server error message, you might want to try disabling your proxy. This is rather simple and you can do it by following these steps:

1. Open Internet Options window.
    2. Go to the Connections tab and click the LAN Settings button.
      Unable to connect to proxy server Chrome
    3. Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN option and click on OK to save changes.
      Error proxy server connection failed

You can also disable proxy by doing the following:

1. Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
    2. When Settings app opens, go to Network & Internet section.
      Cannot connect to proxy server Windows 10
    3. Select Proxy from the menu on the left. In the right pane, be sure to turn off all options.
      Cant connect to the proxy server Microsoft Edge

Thanks for fast answer, 
    I've did it and the problem still remains. 
  • Wooper

Tinkerer

Is dns and IP automatic?
    Thanks for answer, 
    Yes. 
  • Are there any antivirus installed that may be switching settings?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    What does the internet icon show when you connect to the concerned Wi-Fi Access Point? Can you post a picture
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Wooper

Tinkerer

Are there any antivirus installed that may be switching settings?
    Only Windows Defender, turning it off doesn't help. 
  • Wooper

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    What does the internet icon show when you connect to the concerned Wi-Fi Access Point? Can you post a picture

• Wooper

Tinkerer

XdxD said:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Show us the Details screen from that first one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • XdxD
    Follow this guide and check if you can browse the concerned sites.
  • Wooper

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Show us the Details screen from that first one.

• Wooper

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    Still I can't use bank sites, hbo etc. 
  • XdxD
    Wooper said:
    XdxD said:
    Still I can't use bank sites, hbo etc. 
    That's quite strange.
  • Thamerov
    Thamerov Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Sometimes Windows saving power ruins beast's performance, try below:
    Power option > advanced setting > wifi on battery change to best performance.
    Next:
    Device manager > network adapters > killer wifi > Power managment uncheck "make this computer turn this device"

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    OK, the IP settings look correct. Have you tried a virus scan with the free version of MalwareBytes? Some viruses step in and add a proxy server so they can monitor your use. Those are often stealthed in between the IP drivers and the network stack.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Wooper

Tinkerer

Thamerov said:
    Sometimes Windows saving power ruins beast's performance, try below:
    Power option > advanced setting > wifi on battery change to best performance.
    Next:
    Device manager > network adapters > killer wifi > Power managment uncheck "make this computer turn this device"

Nice try but still the same :D
  • Wooper

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    OK, the IP settings look correct. Have you tried a virus scan with the free version of MalwareBytes? Some viruses step in and add a proxy server so they can monitor your use. Those are often stealthed in between the IP drivers and the network stack.
    So I did right now and it didn't find anything, any more ideas? 
  • Thamerov
    Thamerov Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    i think it happened to me before after changing some of NG nighthawk settings, factory reset router solved the issue.
    ok, try troubleshoot > internet connection > help me connect to a specific web page 
    write the bank site, maybe it will mention reason :)

• It would be interesting to let you know if this issue occurs in other browsers.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer