How do I stop the end of service notifications.

Jeff2019
Jeff2019 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I have followed the procedure posted by Acer.   I had only 2 AB apps to delete and the AOP framework did not exists.   I also did not have the task scheduler library listed in my Task Manager.   I still get the pop up after startup.

Jeff

Best Answer

• Jeff2019
    Answer ✓
    Acer-Karp , Jack22 and Du Little.

Update:

I was able to locate, open the Task Scheduler and delete the Acer Cloud.   The pop up is now gone!!!   Thanks for all your help.

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Jeff2019 said:
    I have followed the procedure posted by Acer.   I had only 2 AB apps to delete and the AOP framework did not exists.   I also did not have the task scheduler library listed in my Task Manager.   I still get the pop up after startup.

Jeff
    Hi @j@Jeff2019
    Try enabling POPUP - BLOCKER , follow the below steps
    Step 1: Open Control Panel, type pop up in the top-right search box and tap Block or allow pop-ups in the result. Step 2: As the Internet Properties window shows up, deselect Turn on Pop-up Blocker and hit OK in the Privacy settings. Tip: To turn Pop-up Blocker on, select Turn on Pop-up Blocker in the Privacy settings.
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    @Jeff2019
    Check the below link to fix the issue:
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60521/~/acer-byoc-apps-end-of-service-notification

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jeff2019
    Du Little you are telling me to turn off the pop blocker, correct?   I turned it off and restarted PC and still get the pop up.

Jack22 I performed the instructions in the link pryor to posting here and I still get the pop up.
  • Jeff2019
    I found that I have the Acer UEIP Framework app. instead of the AOP Framework app.    Does this need to be removed?
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    Jeff2019 said:
    I found that I have the Acer UEIP Framework app. instead of the AOP Framework app.    Does this need to be removed?
    Yes, remove it and restart the unit and check .

• Jeff2019
    I removed the framework and I still get the pop up.  Are there any other Acer apps that need to be removed?
  • Jeff2019
    Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get this pop up  to stop?

Thanks
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Can you share a screenshot of what you are getting.
    Please make sure you followed the steps Jack22 shared on the link.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Jeff2019
    Answer ✓
    Acer-Karp , Jack22 and Du Little.

Update:

I was able to locate, open the Task Scheduler and delete the Acer Cloud.   The pop up is now gone!!!   Thanks for all your help.