Acer Predator 300 (2019) PH315-52 - Keystrokes are not getting registered.

ppswaroopa
ppswaroopa Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've got my Predator 300 (2019) PH315-52 couple of weeks ago. I've noticed a very weird and unusual problem with the keyboard. Even when they key is pressed computer doesn't recognize the keystroke. This is especially for Left Shift, Caps lock and some other buttons.If you press the keys smack dab in the center it seems it's okay, but when you use lengthy keys from the sides there's no key press registered. I've checked this with number of online keyboard testing websites. I went back to my old laptop to check how it was in that, and this seems to be some fault in the system.
FYI: I've updated the drivers, and bios to latest revisions.
What is the next step?

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I've got my Predator 300 (2019) PH315-52 couple of weeks ago. I've noticed a very weird and unusual problem with the keyboard. Even when they key is pressed computer doesn't recognize the keystroke. This is especially for Left Shift, Caps lock and some other buttons.If you press the keys smack dab in the center it seems it's okay, but when you use lengthy keys from the sides there's no key press registered. I've checked this with number of online keyboard testing websites. I went back to my old laptop to check how it was in that, and this seems to be some fault in the system.
    What is the next step?
    Hi ,
    sorry to hear this , since you have tried updating the drivers, try re-loading the OS by doing a RESET. follow the below steps:
    1. Access Settings. Click the Start Menu and select the gear icon () to open up the Settings window. ...
    2. Update & Security. Under Settings, click Update & Security to continue.
    3. Choose Recovery Options. Click the Recovery tab and select "Get started" under Reset this PC. ...
    4. Save or Remove Files. ...
    5. Reset Your Computer.
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• ppswaroopa
    edited November 2019
    Du_little said:
    What is the next step?
    Hi ,
    sorry to hear this , since you have tried updating the drivers, try re-loading the OS by doing a RESET. follow the below steps:
    1. Access Settings. Click the Start Menu and select the gear icon () to open up the Settings window. ...
    2. Update & Security. Under Settings, click Update & Security to continue.
    3. Choose Recovery Options. Click the Recovery tab and select "Get started" under Reset this PC. ...
    4. Save or Remove Files. ...
    5. Reset Your Computer.
    I did that. It didn't help. I fear either it's built like that or something is not right with my keyboard. 
    Speculation : Maybe the key-stroke technology is like that. 
    Some detail : When I press from the edge the keyboard's back-light doesn't light up. The key looks pressed, but it doesn't recognise as a press. 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    ppswaroopa reseting the pc by keeping the files will never sort out anything i would backup everything you would need and perform a stock recovery clean install ALT+F10 on boot and select delete everything option if after this the issue persists it would be a hardware issue and i would send it back to get it repaired/replaced

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• ppswaroopa
    xapim said:
    ppswaroopa reseting the pc by keeping the files will never sort out anything i would backup everything you would need and perform a stock recovery clean install ALT+F10 on boot and select delete everything option if after this the issue persists it would be a hardware issue and i would send it back to get it repaired/replaced
    Seems pretty general claim to me. But I'm sure you're saying it by experience. Given my OS and everything is installed on SSD and HDD is just used to store files, I do think it doesn't matter. I'll try to send it for repair now.