New battery causes laptop to have black screen when opened (before Acer logo) (E5-475)

tinagaran98
tinagaran98 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an E5-475. I bought it from someone and he didn't have battery in it so I bought a new battery. First time i i plugged it in, it opened but it showed a blank battery icon. When I off and try to open it, it shows blank screen, no acer logo.

I can open it and use well without the battery. Is it the battery fault or something to do with my motherboard? My battery shows orange light when charging but blinks after a few minutes

Answers

• What is the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tinagaran98
    What is the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.
    E5-475-52SC
  • Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    What is the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.
    E5-475-52SC
    Hi  tinagaran98 ,
    Try doing a basic steps, mentioned below and check whether your unit is working fine.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Computer will automatically restart and it will load windows..
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• tinagaran98
    edited October 2019
    @Du_little   Is it with battery or without battery? If plugged in with battery, I cant go to bios setup cause it just shows black screen, no acer logo or anything shown.
  • Du_little
    Try the mentioned step 1st but still if battery is not working fine then try re-installing the battery drivers, follow the below steps
    1. Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. ...
    2. Now click Batteries in the Device Manager window.
    3. Next, you should right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall from the context menu.
    4. Click Uninstall to confirm.
    5. Restart the computer , the uninstalled drivers will get updated and re-installed.

• Does the new battery have the same voltage as the old battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Du_little
    tinagaran98 ,
    The exact specification the battery for your unit is mentioned below check whether these specifications matches with new battery 
    BATTERY SPECIFICQATION:
    41.4 Wh 2800 mAh 14.8 V 4-cell Li-ion battery (for models with HD Panel + HDD)