Advantage of having latest bios and steps to install safely acer nitro5 an515-42 ?

Manideep_adithya
Manideep_adithya Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought acer nitro5 an515-42 laptop a couple of months back and today when i was surfing on web i notices that my laptop got new bios update and link to download it from the acer website. Can anyone help me know what is the advantage of having latest bios and guide me how to update my bios safely?

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,441 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    There was a discussion about this update in the link below, some have reported as working without any issues, so if you want to upgrade take precautions and hope for the best.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/576356/new-bios-firmware-1-16-nitro-an515-42-changelog
    You need to take these precautions:
    1.Close all programs and websites, turn off any third party AV programs if you are using.
    2.Remove any peripherals such as USB disks, external HDDs, external keyboards, Printers etc.
    3. Select a time when others are not using their PC/Laptops in your household.
    4.Select a time when you think you won't have any power cuts(it's not in your control).
    5.Download from Acer support site and extract it to the Desktop.
    6. Make sure that the battery is fully charged.
    7.Open the extracted folder in the desktop, right click the Setup.exe file and select Run as admin and follow the screen prompts.
    Do not touch any keys or switch off the laptop, preferably, walk away from the laptop.
    HTH.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,441 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    There was a discussion about this update in the link below, some have reported as working without any issues, so if you want to upgrade take precautions and hope for the best.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/576356/new-bios-firmware-1-16-nitro-an515-42-changelog
    You need to take these precautions:
    1.Close all programs and websites, turn off any third party AV programs if you are using.
    2.Remove any peripherals such as USB disks, external HDDs, external keyboards, Printers etc.
    3. Select a time when others are not using their PC/Laptops in your household.
    4.Select a time when you think you won't have any power cuts(it's not in your control).
    5.Download from Acer support site and extract it to the Desktop.
    6. Make sure that the battery is fully charged.
    7.Open the extracted folder in the desktop, right click the Setup.exe file and select Run as admin and follow the screen prompts.
    Do not touch any keys or switch off the laptop, preferably, walk away from the laptop.
    HTH.