Aspire A315-53-55Y1 looping welcome screen

Auggievelvel
Auggievelvel Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I was having issues with updates not installing, and drivers not working properly, so I did a complete restore of the computer. When the restore was complete, the laptop showed the Acer logo, said "welcome" with the loading wheel, very briefly showed a blue screen with words, and reset again. I've tried booting from BIOS, manually holding the power button, and turning back on, but it still loops these screens. Please help, this laptop is hardly used, and is less than 6 months old 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    @Auggievelvel
    You can try doing a reset which will bring the unit to default setting, but resetting the unit will delete all apps and data on the  unit.
    1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.
    2. Press the Power key to turn on the computer.
    3. Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. Your system should boot to a blue screen that says Choose an option.
    4. Select Troubleshoot.
    5. Click Reset your PC. This process will erase all data on the your system. Choose the Refresh your PC option if you want to restore your system and retain your data.
    6. Click Next, then select Just remove my files and fully clean the drive
    7. reset

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Auggievelvel
    Auggievelvel Member Posts: 2 New User
    The reset is exactly what is causing the computer to do the loop in booting. I tried it again with the same result