Aspire A114-31 - When started, shows acer logo & restart, logo again and on a loop.

Tehy
Tehy Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi!

The Laptop is on a restarting loop as soon as the Acer logo appears which is the first thing to appear when the PC is started. The PC isn't particularly old at all, had it in March. Would anyone happen to know a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,441 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name, like AN515-xxx.
  • Tehy

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name, like AN515-xxx.
    Hi! Thank you for taking the time to help me!

Aspire A114-31

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    No problem, I am not sure whether you have a pinhole at the back, so check there's a pinhole with a battery sign(red circle), if you have one, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains(remove the AC adapter), follow the instructions in  the video, leave the laptop to rest for a while(15-20 Mins) then try starting.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Tehy,

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable. 
    Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.
    2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for 30 seconds.  
    3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.
    4. As soon as you turn on the unit keep tapping F2 to get into bios page. if the unit stays on in the Bios page then its a soft ware issue and can be fixed by reinstalling the OS. 
    5. If the unit turns off in bios then its a hardware issue. call the acer support since its still under warranty. 
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• Tehy

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    Du_little said:
    Hi @Tehy,

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable. 
    Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.
    2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for 30 seconds.  
    3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.
    4. As soon as you turn on the unit keep tapping F2 to get into bios page. if the unit stays on in the Bios page then its a soft ware issue and can be fixed by reinstalling the OS. 
    5. If the unit turns off in bios then its a hardware issue. call the acer support since its still under warranty. 
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Hi,
    No problem, I am not sure whether you have a pinhole at the back, so check there's a pinhole with a battery sign(red circle), if you have one, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains(remove the AC adapter), follow the instructions in  the video, leave the laptop to rest for a while(15-20 Mins) then try starting.

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

Hello! I did as you asked and waited a few minutes as the videos above suggested. The laptop is now on the bios page but I do not know what to do from here. any idea? :)
  • Tehy

Tinkerer

I should mention that I have an USB with the windows creation tool inside. I just don't know how to make it run as the laptop is acting up. Do I insert it now,, with bios open?
  • brummyfan2
    Tehy said:
    I should mention that I have an USB with the windows creation tool inside. I just don't know how to make it run as the laptop is acting up. Do I insert it now,, with bios open?
    No, you may loose any important data in HDD, why do you want to insert the USB with Windows media creation tool? 
  • Tehy

Tinkerer

Tehy said:
    No, you may loose any important data in HDD, why do you want to insert the USB with Windows media creation tool? 
    Because the PC was stuck on the logo and restarting in a loop, don't I need to reinstall windows? Or is there a way to fix the pc another way?
  • brummyfan2
    Hi @Tehy
    You could try the repair with this tutorial using your media creation tool USB(step 6), see whether it's any help:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html
  • Tehy

Tinkerer

Hi @Tehy
    You could try the repair with this tutorial using your media creation tool USB(step 6), see whether it's any help:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html
    The problem is, other than the bios, when I restart the pc it still does "logo acer then restart" on its own. On a loop. How do I get the laptop to start the content of the USB so that I can reinstall windows?
  • brummyfan2
    When you are in BIOS screen can you able to move to Boot tab with right arrow button?
  • Tehy

Tinkerer

Yes, it allows me to do that. How do I activate the usb, i must choose it from the list and then restart while the USb is on?
  • brummyfan2
    Tehy said:
    Yes, it allows me to do that. How do I activate the usb, i must choose it from the list and then restart while the USb is on?
    Go to Boot tab after inserting the USB drive, make the USB drive as first boot device by highlighting it and pressing F6 button, once you have moved the USB drive to the first position, press F10 button to save setting, the laptop will boot with USB drive.
  • Tehy

Tinkerer

edited October 2019
    Okies it worked!!! How exciting! It's now installing windows 10... Let's see if more issues come up!