(Aspire M5-583P) Left 'Alt' button rarely works which causes issues with alt-tab

edwarlkd
edwarlkd Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, 

Prior to this, i already attempted buying a replacement key for that 'alt' button and replaced it (as well as cleaning as much as i can). 

Is there a way i can fix this for good? Alt works sometimes but i have to spam it multiple times for it to start registering here and there. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Aspire+M5-583P&sxsrf=ACYBGNTEFe7ozU_IzU7jJrDW90k-G5OenA:1572424982621&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwifp5nEy8PlAhXBpJ4KHf47Bz4Q_AUIEygC&biw=1299&bih=637#imgrc=riaUgIh2e7jIaM:

The keyboard on my laptop looks exactly like this. 

Thank you 

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi edwarlkd,

Is it on both the alt keys? Its not the issue on the outer keycap. it can be the inside rubber grip. you will have to check with the local tech as its a hardware issue. 
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• I don't know if there's anything there, but uefi-bios version 2.30 fixes something related there are some keyboard keys, see: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/content/support-product/4848?b=1

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)