Acer Nitro AN515-53-55G - Screen wont come one even using HDMI. How do I fix this?

Snookums
Snookums Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have the acer nitro 5 and I added 8gb of ram to my laptop, as many suggest to do, i finish it and power it on everything works great i play two matches of OW and its working fantastic my nividia experience says I have an update for my drivers so I download it and install it. It goes to do the restart and never comes back on the computer is running but nothing on the screen. No cursor, no words, not even the acer logo. I've done a few attempts to fix to no avail. What can I do or where can I find help with this 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Snookums said:
    I have the acer nitro 5 and I added 8gb of ram to my laptop, as many suggest to do, i finish it and power it on everything works great i play two matches of OW and its working fantastic my nividia experience says I have an update for my drivers so I download it and install it. It goes to do the restart and never comes back on the computer is running but nothing on the screen. No cursor, no words, not even the acer logo. I've done a few attempts to fix to no avail. What can I do or where can I find help with this 

This isn't a screen issue or a RAM issue, it is the updated Nvidia display driver
    Never use Nvidia experience there have been many problems reported with the updated drivers it downloads, instead manually check here once per month
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en

What is your exact model number for example AN515-** and can you boot into safe mode?
    Try this, boot up then do a hard power down by pressing and holding the power button, repeat for 3 times, on the 3rd time it should boot into a blue screen, select startup options the advanced start up options then Restore my computer to an earlier date, restore it to a date when it was working

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Snookums

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Snookums said:

This isn't a screen issue or a RAM issue, it is the updated Nvidia display driver
    Never use Nvidia experience there have been many problems reported with the updated drivers it downloads, instead manually check here once per month
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en

What is your exact model number for example AN515-** and can you boot into safe mode?
    Try this, boot up then do a hard power down by pressing and holding the power button, repeat for 3 times, on the 3rd time it should boot into a blue screen, select startup options the advanced start up options then Restore my computer to an earlier date, restore it to a date when it was working
    It is AN515-53-55Gg and how quickly do I do the power up shut down method
  • andylb
    Just wait till you know it's powered up maybe a minute then shut down, repeat after 1 minute

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Snookums

Tinkerer

andylb said:
    Just wait till you know it's powered up maybe a minute then shut down, repeat after 1 minute
    It doesnt seem to be going into safe mode or a blue screen
  • andylb
    Snookums said:
    andylb said:
    It doesnt seem to be going into safe mode or a blue screen

It seems that right now you don't have a display driver. Let me reasearch

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Snookums

Tinkerer

Thank you I really appreciate your help
  • andylb