Chromebook display resolution

Options
George006
George006 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Anyone facing poor display resolution on. Acer Chromebook?

I have already tried adjusting it but it doesn't seem to be working. Image is blurry. It looks like a very poor engineer design and customer care does not provide a solution. I tried returning it to store and pay a difference for another model but because of the 15 day policy return (only 3 days past due) it was not possible.

Now I am stuck with this poor quality device I rather throw it onto the garbage.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Select setting. Search 'display'. Drag slider to adjust resolution. If still no joy, do a power wash reset. If still no joy, arrange for  a warranty repair pronto. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• George006
    Options
    Hey JackE, how do you do a wash reset? Do you mean a factory reset? It did not work.
    Why did the support rep.not suggest a repair when I previously contacted?
  • JackE
    Options
    Follow these steps again for the reset. https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27685

If it still fails to sharpen it up, go to this link, pick your country, enter your machine's serial number id (SNID), and arrange for warranty service pronto.
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• George006
    Options
    Factory reset does not correct a poor quality video display. All these troubleshooting steps only add more frustration to my customer experience.
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry. You've posted this on a users group. We're all ACER users here just like you just trying to help each other out, not a link to ACER customer service employees who should be worried more about your customer experience. About all we as users can suggest is that you go to this link, pick your country, enter your machine's serial number id (SNID), and arrange for warranty service pronto. http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/#_ga=2.6958065.2101564671.1572438277-2135777125.1572438277 Who knows? Maybe you'll get lucky and get a winner who'll subtract from your customer experience frustration. Maybe not. If it was mine with a poor quality display, I'd give it a shot to see what happens. Jack E/NJ      

Jack E/NJ

• George006
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback. My frustration is obvious.i thought troubleshooting was provided by an Acer rep and got me more confused. I'll give it a shot.