share it issue - helios 300 i5

MOHANKRISHNAREDDY
MOHANKRISHNAREDDY Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
share it isn't working on my acer predator helios 300 i5 version. any solutions ?

Answers

• MOHANKRISHNAREDDY

Hi,

Sharing files using Share

When you need to share (or send) one or multiple files to another computer across the house, office, or across the world ones, you can use the "Share" feature, which comes built into File Explorer and most modern applications.

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Browse to the folder location with the files that you want to share.
    3. Select one, multiple, or all the files.
    4. Click on the Share tab.

Quick tip: Alternatively, you can right-click your selection and click the Share option in the context menu. Also, the Share option can be found in many apps that you acquire from the Microsoft Store.

5. Click the Share button.

6. Select a contact, nearby sharing device, or one of the Microsoft Store apps (such as Mail).
    7. Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.

If you're about to share files with a nearby device, note that "Nearby sharing" needs to be enabled on the local and destination computer to work correctly.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• MOHANKRISHNAREDDY
    MOHANKRISHNAREDDY Member Posts: 5 New User
    thank you for our response MOHAN2018
    But ,what if i want to send files to pc? is there any other way? any reason why share it isnt working?
  • MOHANKRISHNAREDDY

Hi,

Please check whether these info will help you..

Sharing folders using File Explorer

If you need to share multiple files in the local network (or you want to create a central location that network users can use to share documents), using the File Explorer sharing options is your best approach.

To create a basic folder share on Windows 10, which users can use to access and modify files, use these steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Browse to the folder with the content that you want to share.
    3. Right-click the folder, select the Give access too option, and click the Specific people option.

4. In the "Network access" wizard, use the drop-down menu, select the users that you want to share the folder and its content. Options available include:

• Local users — Selecting individual existing accounts, the user must provide username and password of the account to access the files. If the user is signed in using the same credentials, then they may be able to access the share content without any prompts.
      • Everyone — Shares the contents with anyone in the network without the need to enter a password to access the files.

Quick note: You may also find an option to create a new account, but it won't work, because Windows 10 no longer allows you to create a new account using Control Panel , in addition to removing all the HomeGroup mentions that also don't work.

5. Click the Add button.

6. Under the "Permission Level" column, click the permissions button and specify the access privileges:

• Read — Gives network users the ability to list and open files, but they won't be able to modify or delete existing files and folders. Also, they won't be able to upload or create new folders or files.
      • Read/Write — Allows users to list, open, modify, delete, upload, and create new files and folders.
      • Remove — Blocks the specified user or group from accessing the folder and its contents.

7. Click the Share button.
    8. Right-click the shared folder path and select the Copy Link option.

9. Click the Close button.

After you complete the steps, you can share the link (which you copied to the clipboard on step No. 8) with users in the local network.

Accessing a shared folder

To access a shared folder on Windows 10, use these steps:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Right-click and paste the path for the shared folder in the address bar and press Enter.

3. Access and modify the shared content as necessary.

If you're logged in using a username and password that matches the same credentials in the device sharing the folder, you may not need to sign in again to access the shared folder. However, if you're prompted to log in, you must enter the account credentials of an account located in the computer sharing the folder.

Alternatively, users can also use the "Network" page from the File Explorer left pane to browse the computer and access the shared folder contents.

When sharing folders in the network, users will only be able to access the files if the computer sharing the folder is powered on and connected to the network.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★