No bootable Device Error on ES1-432

jayson207646
jayson207646 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello,

I'm hoping someone could help me with my ongoing concern.
My acer laptop shows No bootable Device (ES1-432)
Here are the things that I have tried
>I cleared the CMOS
>loaded optimized defaults
>Tried to reformat my PC 
> removed the HDD and placed it back (just to try and reseat it)
> I tried to install a Linux OS 
to no avail.

When I try to reinstall my OS, the laptop goes into a black screen. I created a new bootable USB with a different ISO image from a microsoft's website this time, no go.
I bought a new hard drive , same thing. There is no UEFI /legacy option on bios. I even tried to replace my RAM ( since I thought it fails during installation) but it still has the same issue. I even attempted the recovery bios update i found somewhere but same thing. need your help guys. thanks

Answers

• @jayson207646

Hi,

First of all we need to determine whether the hdd is getting detected on your computer     If the computer motherboard is not able to communicate with the hdd then you might be getting "no bootable device"

Turn off your computer.   Tap f2 while turning on .   On the Bios setup screen you will be able to see "information, Main, security, Boot, exit"

On the info menu please check whether you see something called  HDD0 MODEL NAME AND HDD0 SERIAL NO.

If the info on the right side is blank then the hdd is not detected on the computer.      If the hdd is not detected then it might be a cable issue or a communication issue with the hdd and motherboard. 

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.

Power Drain test for laptop.

If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.

3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.

4.  Connect all the cables back

5.  Turn on the computer.

Steps to remove the battery.

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.  

If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.

Power Drain test.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds. 

3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Computer will restart...

While it is restarting again go to Bios setup by tapping f2

On the info menu please check whether you see something called  HDD0 MODEL NAME AND HDD0 SERIAL NO.

If the hdd is detected then we can proceed further with the next steps. 

If the above steps are helpful for you please click "like"

If the above steps resolves your issue please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• jayson207646
    jayson207646 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi!

I greatly appreciate the quick response. this laptop has a built in battery, so I tried the method of pushing the battery reset pinhole to no avail. I have also tried to load the default settings by going to the BIOS screen. 
    My HDD 0 does appear on BIOS, both HDD model and serial. any other suggestions? again thanks for the response
  • Davidclasico74
    Davidclasico74 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2021
    You could solve the issues with that laptop acer ES1 432? 
    I have the same issues. I tried the same things as you did and i still can not solve the issues. I think it is a hardware damage.