Keyboard failure Issue - A515-51G-52ZR.

Options
Ajayvaineela
Ajayvaineela Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I have purchased my Acer aspire laptop one year back and now it is out of warranty. Model is - A515-51G-52ZR. 12 days back suddenly the system was shut down and trying to restart with a message Trying to auto repair, and it was not restarted. I tried to press the power button, nothing happened. From the beginning I was using an external keyboard. Then I contacted to service center. That person told me that it was keyboard failure. If you are ok then we will order a new keyboard and this model was having with this keyboard issue. I said ok please order for new one. Till now I didn't get any response from service center guys and they were telling , still we didn't received keyboard. Okay , Is there any way that we can figure it out with this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    @Ajayvaineela

Hi,

I am not sure whether you have the computer at your home.  If you have the computer at your home, please follow the basic steps given below.  Other wise please visit the website support.acer.com - chose your country - click on contact details.   They will be able to help you.

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.

Power Drain test for laptop.

If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.

3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.

4.  Connect all the cables back

5.  Turn on the computer.

Steps to remove the battery.

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.  

If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.

Power Drain test.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds. 

3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Computer will automatically restart and it will load windows..

Please check and use the keyboard and find how it  is working fine now..

If it is not working , first of all we need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue.

Step 3

Turn off the computer. 

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility..

check how the internal keyboard is working.   Check the arrow keys and function keys.    If the internal keyboard on Bios screen is working fine then it is a software issue.   Please remember that not all the keys will be working fine on Bios screen.   Only the function keys, enter and arrow keys will be working in Bios setup screen.

If it is a software issue..

Turn on the computer.   Try windows + x  - click device manager  or  press the window key and letter r using external keyboard - on the run window type devmgmt.msc

On the right side it will list all the items.

Expand keyboard.   Right click on keyboard - click on update.    

Restart the computer.   Check how the keyboard works.  

Step 4

Turn on the computer.   Try windows + x  - click device manager  or  press the window key and letter r using external keyboard - on the run window type devmgmt.msc

On the right side it will list all the items.

Expand keyboard.   Right click on keyboard - click on uninstall   

Restart the computer.   Check how the keyboard works.  

If the above steps are helpful for you please click "like"

If the above steps resolves your issue please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Ajayvaineela

Tinkerer

Options
    I have tried the battery reset method, but still it is not working. Currently I have removed HDD from this laptop and using that as external USB from another laptop ( which is a Lenovo laptop) I have changed option in bios as boot from USB. So I am using Acer HDD as external USB from Lenovo laptop. So it seems to be this is not the software issue. 
  • William_mk2
    Options
    Ajayvaineela

Hi,

please visit the website support.acer.com - chose your country - click on contact details.   They will be able to help you.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ajayvaineela

Tinkerer

Options
    Ajayvaineela

Hi,

please visit the website support.acer.com - chose your country - click on contact details.   They will be able to help you.

Acer-William
    thank you for your post. Anyhow, I was not able to fix the keyboard problem.  Simply keyboard is playing with me . Some times except the power button remaining all keys were working, some times except all keys only power button is working. Now the condition is only the power button is working. That's why I was using an external keyboard. Now the issue is some times even the power button is also not working. At that time when I reset the battery then only it is working. I did this maybe 5 to 6 times from the last 2 months and even before writing this, I did that.  So I was mainly afraid, due to this lockdown in my country (India). So what was the issue? I was not getting? Can you please help me out? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Prav
    Prav Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Got the same issue when I bought this laptop but I replaced the keyboard under warranty, and now again the same problem has arisen and it's out of warranty.

I press the power key nothing happens. Then I press any other key on the laptop repeatedly then the laptop would start booting. The display shows the acer logo and then after 10 seconds the laptop would automatically switch off midway.

After that I tried pressing and holding any key on the laptop when it starts booting up and surprisingly, it would work normal as if nothing happened but the moment you release the pressed key and the laptop would go dead within 2 seconds.

I have never seen such weird behavior in any PC so far. 

I knew that Acer makes low cost ***** laptops but if they can't even get the Keyboard right then God knows the quality of the other component used. 
    Moreover these clowns have placed the power key within the keyboard and you have to replace the entire palm rest panel just to replace a key or the keyboard.

This is clearly a manufacturing defect and the customers have to pay from their pockets to get this ***** keyboard replaced. Moreover Acer would install the same defective keyboard again and you can expect the same problem again.

Thank you Acer. I am not touching anything acer with a ten foot pole and would tell my family and friends to do the same.