Keyboard & mouse pad stopped working on my Spin 5 series (After 2 weeks purchased)

JFG
JFG Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello good people, my laptop keyboard & mouse pad are not working, they seemed locked.
I have tried all fix , but still failing. luckily its touch screen otherwise the laptop would be useless after two weeks of purchased
can someone please help to fix it.. I have reinstalled drivers, reset windows 10, also tried ease access settings....

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,198 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019

JFG

Hi,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

Did you try to use an external keyboard and external usb mouse.    Please try to check it with external usb and mouse.   We also need to check whether it is a hardware or software issue.    Turn off the computer, tap f2 while turning on the computer.   It will go to bios setup screen.   Try to use the arrow keys and function keys ( Esc, f1, f2,...f12 ) on keyboard.   If it is working fine then it is not a hardware issue and it is a software issue.   Please remember mouse will not be working in Bios.   If it is a software issue we can easily rectify it.

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.

Power Drain test for laptop.

If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.

3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.

4.  Connect all the cables back

5.  Turn on the computer.

Steps to remove the battery.

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.  

If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.

Power Drain test.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds. 

3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Computer will automatically restart and it will load windows..

Please check the keyboard and mouse.   It should start to work.

If the above steps are helpful for you please click "like"

If the above steps resolves your issue please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• what is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JFG
    thanks for your feedback,
    - yes I am able to connect external keyboard and mouse
    - reset power with paper clip, didn't work..and unable to access bios by pressing f2 on external keyboard
    - the exact model SP513-53N-52S6
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,198 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    JFG

Hi,

Thanks for providing the model no.    I understand that the external keyboard and mouse are working fine.   So it might be the issue with the internal keyboard.  Did you tried to tap the f2 key of your internal keyboard to go to bios while turning on the computer.   Did you tried to change the mode and check ( tablet mode - desktop mode )

Please follow the steps below:

Step 1 

Completely reboot your laptop

The simplest fix to your keyboard issue is to reboot your Acer laptop completely. To do so:

1) Press and hold the power button of your laptop until the laptop is totally off.

2) Unplug the power cable and the battery from your laptop. 

3) Leave your laptop for a few seconds

4) Plug the power cable and the battery back to your laptop.

5) Power on your computer. Then check to see if this fixes your keyboard.

Method 2: Disable Filter Keys

Since external keyboard and mouse are working fine.   Try to connect it and follow these steps. 

Filter Keys is a feature that makes your keyboard ignore brief or repeated keystrokes. It sometimes lead to a laptop keyboard not working issue. You can try disabling Filter Keys to sort this issue out.

1) Click the Start menu (the Windows logo) at the bottom left of your screen. Then click Settings (in Windows 10) or Control Panel (in Windows 7).

Open Settings in Windows 10

2) Click Ease of Access.

3) Click Keyboard (in Windows 10) or Make the keyboard easier to use (in Windows 7).

Keyboard setting on Windows 10

Keyboard setting on Windows 7

4) Disable the Filter Keys function (switch off Filter Keys or uncheck Turn on Filter Keys).

5) Try your keyboard and see if disabling Filter Keys can restore your keyboard.

Update your keyboard driver by going Acer website

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    if the comments resolves your issue, please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JFG
    Hello I have tried everything above, still not winning
    how can I unlock the mouse touch pad? fn+f7 (from external keyboard)
  • Yes! Have you checked if there are any drivers with device manager problems? Have you tried changing the function key behavior function in uefi-bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JFG
    Hello Egy, I have been trying to get into bios, but failing... drivers seems ok
    the machine restart too fast, tried to press f2 from internal and external keyboard, but it always bring me back to signing page
    please help with alternative way to access bios, or which driver can i update it to
    many thanks
  • Remote access is not allowed. Try changing this function:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JFG
    ok this i could change only when i get access to bios, which now i can't do when pressing f2 on internal and external keyboard
  • Try resetting the internal battery like this:
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JFG
    Hello Egy, reset battery didn't work, pressed and waited so many times

below is what we get on bios, also changed it, my internal keyboard and mouse pad still not working

• JFG
    this is so fustrating , +25years of having laptop and pc ..never had such issues , who is to blame ? windows10 or Acer
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer