My ACER A315-53 laptop switches on until I press any key other then power key

Options
2»

Answers

• alphabeto
    alphabeto Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I'm facing the same issue. Please tell us what other options we can do aside from changing the keyboard. We're amidst pandemic and cannot go out to a service center easy as before. 
  • alphabeto
    alphabeto Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Please, I really need a solution for this. I have nothing to use for online classes aside from my laptop. 
  • mgmguardiana
    mgmguardiana Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    same here. after updating firmware july 31, 2020.  then august 1, first symptoms occur that my laptop suddenly turn off, solving by cleaning ventilation and reapplying thermal paste might remove the problem, but still persisting. i notice as of this writing that pressing any key aside from power key triggers the power and then sudden turn off but if i hold any key, the power operation remains stable but i dont know how long it would last. i need to repair it to service center but due to limitations in quarantine,  we cant send it for service
  • Sbaba
    Sbaba Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am facing with the exact SAME issue. CANNOT WORK IN MY LAPTOP LIKE THIS.
    I am pretty sure it is due to those UNWANTED MICROSOFT WINDOWS UPDATES.
    I am not able to uninstall the updates also from the control panel, as it is saying the uninstalling has stopped due to an unexpected error... 
    My laptop is facing this issue exactly from the date of the update 30/07/2020.
    PLEASE HELP. 
    How do I uninstall these unwanted windows updates and more importantly HOW TO FIX UP MY ACER ASPIRE LAPTOP? ?? 
  • Manas022
    Manas022 Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Same after update these problems arise
    My Acer aspire 15 E5-576 36QR First stopped working other keys than power key after 4 days drive update and pressing shift key several time using external keyboard it's working fine ..then the power key stopped working when I lift lid it's blink and off press the power Acer logo appear then off .if I press other key and tap the power key once it's turned on till I hold the other key it's work okay ,if I leave key it's off.. kindly any one help to fix this it's quarantine time exam near ...dear Acer plz clarify if it software or hardware ....if it is hardware then how much it will cost to replace plz . available online spare delivery option so that one can fix his laptop from a remote area ❤️
  • PranabMukne
    PranabMukne Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    amitray said:
    I am having a strange problem in my laptop ACER A315-53 model core i3 8th gen processor. My Power button does not work but when I press any other key it wakes up and starts booting. The moment I stop pressing any key the laptop shuts down abruptly. I tried all sort of solutions given in the site like resetting battery, pressing the small button near RAM slot but nothing works. Meanwhile I pressed the power key so many times that the key came out. I never had such a product from ACER. I had a ACER Laptop which lasted for 12 Years and still running. My ACER monitor also is running fine. I always preferred ACER but this incident has really scared me as its just a 3 months old Laptop. Is there any other solution for this?
    I am facing exactly same problem as AMIT mentioned above. My model is Acer aspire A515-43G (amd ryzen 5)
    Today there has been some windows update which got updated and this random power off issue started . 
    Pressing any key on keyboard starts the laptop.
    ACER should acknowledge this issue .
    Mine is just a month old and within warranty but as trains not working in this lockdown, can’t visit Mumbai for repair. 
    Stuck in this weird situation of laptop which didn’t expected from Acer , that too with this model which is MADE IN INDIA.

But if the issue is with keyboard as @IPAN332 mentioned, is there any temporary workaround?iPan332 said: 
    This happens on keyboards with the built-in power button. There's a voltage problem. The connector is bad. If the power button is completely damaged, it's a big problem. This happened to me. The solution was to replace the power button connector, or just remove it completely.

This discussion has been closed.