How can I get full Memory speed on Acer Predator 15 G9-593-71EH

Difi
Difi Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I dissembled  the entire notebook to take out the stock memory and to replace it with

G.SKILL 32GB (2 x 16G) Ripjaws DDR4 PC4-25600 3200 MHz SO-DIMM 260-Pin Laptop Memory Model F4-3200C18D-32GRS

Checking my memory speed I only get 2400 MHz, I'm running the latest bios  and I did not see any options to enable a XCMP profile in there. 
What can I do to get the full 3200 MHz?

On a side note - replacing the stock thermal paste with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut lowered my temps by 20 degrees Celcius and the fans are running about 1000 rpm less under load

Best Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon Difi !

Its model has an Intel® Core ™ i7-7700HQ processor which together with the chipset only supports 2400Mhz maxma RAM frequencies.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    It's not a matter of Bios.
    Physically in the building instructions this processor will limit the RAM to 2400Mhz.
    The processor is integrated into the motherboard.
    So in this model, only RAM the frequency of 2400Mhz.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon Difi !

Its model has an Intel® Core ™ i7-7700HQ processor which together with the chipset only supports 2400Mhz maxma RAM frequencies.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Difi

Tinkerer

Is there no way to flash the bios and to install another one?
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    It's not a matter of Bios.
    Physically in the building instructions this processor will limit the RAM to 2400Mhz.
    The processor is integrated into the motherboard.
    So in this model, only RAM the frequency of 2400Mhz.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon Difi !

My G3-572 with i7-7700HQ shows 2667MHz in task manager with stock RAM btw.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Difi

Tinkerer

I envy you
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Difi said:
    I envy you
    I didn't mean to show off. I just thought that since mine supports that with same processor, yours should too.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Difi

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    Difi said:
    I envy you
    I didn't mean to show off. I just thought that since mine supports that with same processor, yours should too.
    I understand. I just wish there would be an option in the bios to enable a xmp profile or to overclock otherwise. I assume this is was it accomplished with your laptop
  • MaClane
    The Windows task shows the actual RAM clock base and not what exact frequency is working.

This processor only supports managing RAM at 2400Mhz.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™