XFA240 ghosting/shadowing

Gimlett1
Gimlett1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I am unable to tell the difference between ghosting and shadowing, so I am not sure which I am seeing. There is a slight blur and trail to objects which are moving across a background of a contrasting color, or at least this is when they are most noticeable.  When I drag a window across my desktop all images and text have a slight blur to them as well, so it is not just in games. I also had the same problem with my last setup which was a completely different machine all together, which leads me to believe that the issue is with the monitor its self or the way I have it set up.

As far as I can tell everything is set to 144hz. Windows, bench marking software, Nvidia control panel, games and the monitor's on screen display all indicate that I am running at 144hz but it looks like I'm running 60hz on a 144hz monitor. 

I have updated all video and display drivers twice just to be sure. Also, I am using a DP cable certified for 144hz @1080p but I have no option in windows or Nvidia control panel to set my resolution to 144hz at 1080p, which is the monitor's native resolution. All HD resolutions only offer me 50hz, 59hz, and 60hz. Perhaps this has something to do with it?
I did notice in the user manual that there is a "standard timing table". I am unable to understand how to use this information but I do notice that there is no 144hz 1080p option, nor is there any information on how to change this mode, and I feel like this is where the problem lies. I don't understand why the monitor wouldn't support this resolution when it has these numbers written all over the box.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Gimlett1
    edited October 2019
    This is the part in the User Manual which I mentioned. I tried setting my resolution to 2560 x 1440 by creating a custom entry,but windows says my monitor does not support that resolution.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    edited November 2019
    We apologize for the issue you are having with your monitor.
    If your monitor is not displaying properly, there are a few things you should check to help determine the exact cause of the issue. Some video problems may originate with the video card, video driver, or an incorrect display setting.

If the basic troubleshooting steps below do not resolve the issue, please contact our customer service.

Get help with your Acer product at any time day or night. Acer phone and chat technicians can assist with product setup, technical troubleshooting and general questions you may have about your Acer product.

Phone: 1-866-695-2237
    Available 24/7 - US and Canada
    Español Disponible

Live Chat: (Available 5AM-2AM CST - US and Canada): Click to Chat

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Gimlett1
    edited November 2019
    Yea I tried customer support. Couldn't get help because they say the SNID I gave them from the monitor is actually belonging to an item with a warranty that expired in 2011. The monitor was not even manufactured until 2018. I have washed my hands of this and got myself a BenQ. I will be selling this monitor to some nerd who doesn't know any better and it will be the last Acer product I ever own.  Thanks for this amazing advice, because, you know...I didn't already try all that stuff... Oh yea. I would also like to mention... These forums are absolutely useless. Thanks for nothing, Acer.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    I am sorry you are having this experience. Can you kindly send the SN in a private message so I can take a look?
    minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.