Acer Predator Helios 300 - Reinstalling bluetooth driver

BlueSheep
BlueSheep Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I was recently having some trouble properly connecting my Bluetooth devices to this laptop. I uninstalled my drivers and downloaded the zip file from this website for the new et of drivers for my Acer Predator Helios 300, however you say it.
I have the files on my desktop but no matter how many times I run them and restart my computer my drivers are not restored. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,630 Trailblazer
    edited October 2019
    Firstly, is this the card that your "Acer Predator Helios 300" got for its BT and WiFi, is it the "Killer 1550i AC WiFi  with Bluetooth 5.0, Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet LAN"? If yes and you have installed the WiFi/BT drivers properly then what you probably didnt do is this: press Ctrl>F3 to activate the Bluetooth, this is very important once you change the drivers and/or update drivers! Then your Bluetooth should activate and work perfectly. Cheers
  • BlueSheep

Tinkerer

I'm not understanding the first portion of your response. I think you're mistaking something here. I completely uninstalled my Bluetooth driver, I cannot find them in the menu, not even through revealing hidden ones. You may be mistaking this post for another.
    Using the drivers I found on this site that I was forwarded to, they only install a program that I can view and modify from my "Programs" settings tab. I no longer have Bluetooth functionality. I was hoping that I was just accessing the files I had downloaded in the wrong way.
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    What's your full model number?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • BlueSheep

Tinkerer

N17C1XdxD said:
    What's your full model number?
    N17C1
  • XdxD
    I mean the one like G3-572.
  • BlueSheep

Tinkerer

That is the model number. N17C1
  • XdxD
    edited October 2019
    When you go to drivers page, what do you select? Is it this: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/7312?b=1?
  • BlueSheep

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    XdxD said:
    When you go to drivers page, what do you select? Is it this: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/7312?b=1?
    No I went here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/support-product/7603?b=1&pn=NH.Q3FAA.001&sn=NHQ3XXXXXX
    By using my command prompt to find my serial number.

[Edited the thread to hide personal information]
    Acer-Samuel
  • XdxD
    Your computer model is PH315-51. Now, uninstall your bluetooth driver using Device Manager. While uninstalling it, do check the box for "Delete the driver" as well. Then, reboot and run this command in Command Prompt as Administrator: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    Then install your Bluetooth drivers (I see 2 for you but installing both doesn't do any harm) and check if it is resolved or not.
  • BlueSheep

Tinkerer

I Received this exchange:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Image Version: 10.0.16299.192

[===========================72.7%==========                ]
    Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\Windows\system32>
  • XdxD
    Were you connected to internet while executing the command?
  • BlueSheep

Tinkerer

Yes, I have an ethernet cord plugged into my PC at all times. And I rand the command twice just to make sure.

I got the same result this time as well

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Image Version: 10.0.16299.192

[===========================72.7%==========                ]
    Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

• XdxD
  • BlueSheep

Tinkerer

Both methods of updating windows failed.
  • BlueSheep

Tinkerer

Error code 0x8007007e
  • XdxD
    edited October 2019
    Would you mind doing Alt+F10 reset at boot (backup your data to external drive first before doing this)? Also, which Windows 10 build are you on?
  • BlueSheep

Tinkerer

I tried to update va my settings and got this. But I can try doing it from start-up when I have more time. Is this pressing alt+F10 while it's starting? And also how do I create a back up prior to doing this?
  • XdxD
    Yup.
    For backup, use this software: https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree
  • BlueSheep

Tinkerer

Many updates are available in my settings, but many or all of the programs are missing files. I have some screenshots of my update history if that helps?
  • BlueSheep

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    If I'm resetting this computer to its factory defaults I actually don't have the external harddrive I thought I did on hand. Is there any other way to go about this?