Acer Predator XB321HK - Display Port no longer working

Aleph
Aleph Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

There was a brief power outage here at my house and the display port on the Acer XB321HK is no longer working. I've tried different cables and even different ports on my graphics card, and was able to determine the issue is the monitor as my other DP monitor works when using the exact cable and port on my video card as the Acer did. The Acer monitor still works through the HDMI port, but DP does not. The monitor is plugged into my Belkin power strip the and power strip's green light for Protected status is still lit so I don't think the damage was a result of a power surge.

So I guess what I want to know is, will my warranty on this monitor cover this?

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited November 2019
    Aleph 
    Try to power reset the monitor. Power reset the monitor by removing power from the monitor and pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds. Reconnect the monitor and power it on.
    For warranty information, it is best to contact Acer support in your region and they will be happy to help you.
    Acer support worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If the Acer warranty doesn't help you, Belkin should also have a warranty that covers any equipment connected to their devices. It's not unusual for a surge to get through long enough to zap something...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.