Acer Swift 1 SF114-32-P9PM BIOS Setup Utility broken

DanielAltmann
DanielAltmann Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
After installing an OS on my freshly bought Acer Swift 1 SF114-32 my BIOS Setup Utility (Insyde H2O Setup Utility Rev 5.0) broke.
The BIOS now only shows the "Exit" Tab and the menu options are constantly flickering (see attached photos).

It is possible to use the three menu options as well as all the shortcuts (F1, F9, F10) seem to work. However, loading the default setup does not seem to change anything.

I can boot the OS. However, since it is not a Windows, I can not use the .exe files provided by acer for bios updates.
Bootable USB drives don't show up in the F12 menu, so booting a live windows doesn't seem to be an option.

I would highly appreciate any facts, ideas or useful questions that can help resolve this issue and get the BIOS Setup working again.

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,849 Trailblazer
    (1) Shut machine off. Remove charger. Gently insert paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom of laptop for 30 seconds. Plug charger back in. Turn machine on again. Reenter BIOS menu.
    (2) What was the original factory installed operating system?
    (3) What operating system did you install and was it alongside the factory version?
    (4) Did you leave factory recovery partition intact?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ