Acer Aspire E15-522 Restarts Randomly On It's Own - Please Help

EsmaGraham
EsmaGraham Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
editado agosto 2023 em Arquivo de 2019
Acer Aspire E15-522
Bought Christmas of 2017

Already Did the Battery Reset and changing back F2 to Default Values

Sometimes when I leave my laptop on at night and wake up in the morning it will be still on where I left it

Other Days when I leave my laptop on at night and wake up in the morning it will be on the sign on screen like it restarted on it's own

This doesn't happen every night just random nights and I never know when until I wake up and find my laptop like it was or at the sign on screen

Please Help Me with this issue

Respostas

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'edit power plan' in left pane. Change all settings on battery and plugged in to 'never'. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado outubro 2019
    JackE said:
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'edit power plan' in left pane. Change all settings on battery and plugged in to 'never'. Jack E/NJ
    It has always been set to never since I have had this laptop.

I always make sure to change that setting first before I do anything as well after reinstalling windows or something like that.

• JackE
    Press F3 to turn wifi off so Windows updates won't try to install and restart during the night. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado outubro 2019
    JackE said:
    Press F3 to turn wifi off so Windows updates won't try to install and restart during the night. Jack E/NJ

I have it hard wired connected and it's been hard wired connected for over 2 years.

And I have that turned off under additional options under Windows Updates.
  • JackE
    >>>And I have that turned off under additional options under Windows Updates.>>>

What additional options? Pull the RJ45 connector anyway. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado outubro 2019
    JackE said:
    >>>And I have that turned off under additional options under Windows Updates.>>>

What additional options? Pull the RJ45 connector anyway. Jack E/NJ

The what connector?? 

Under Windows Update - Advanced Options - Restart this device as soon as possible when a reset is required to install an update.

That above I have turned off
  • JackE
    >>>The what connector?? >>>

If you have it hard wired to the router, then the wire from the router has an RJ45 ethernet plug on the end that plugs into the system's RJ45 ethernet connector. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado outubro 2019
    JackE said:
    >>>The what connector?? >>>

If you have it hard wired to the router, then the wire from the router has an RJ45 ethernet plug on the end that plugs into the system's RJ45 ethernet connector. Jack E/NJ

This is how I have it going from my laptop (first pic) to the back to the back of the internet box (2nd pic)

• JackE
    Yup. Just try pulling one plug out from either end of the yellow ethernet wire when you're done for the day to see if it still re-boots overnight. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado novembro 2019
    JackE said:
    Yup. Just try pulling one plug out from either end of the yellow ethernet wire when you're done for the day to see if it still re-boots overnight. Jack E/NJ
    I contacted windows and they got me to download https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10 and to do an Upgrade kind like re-installing windows but not losing any of my programs, settings or anything like that.
    It took about 1 hour or so but since then I have had no issues what so ever.
  • JackE
    Great. Good luck. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado novembro 2019
    JackE said:
    Great. Good luck. Jack E/NJ
    Well so much for that helping my laptop restarted at 1:30am this morning .
    My Entire screen Frooze then it just restarted on it's own.
    I was playing a virtual reality game called "Second Life" when it happened but was around no one at the time, no lag what so ever and just bam it happened.
  • JackE
    That may or may not be related to the original issue of it re-starting when the machine is just sitting there idling overnight. Do you have any non-Microsoft virus scanners like AVG, McAfee, Norton, MalwareBytes, etc running in the background? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado novembro 2019
    JackE said:
    That may or may not be related to the original issue of it re-starting when the machine is just sitting there idling overnight. Do you have any non-Microsoft virus scanners like AVG, McAfee, Norton, MalwareBytes, etc running in the background? Jack E/NJ

Nope I only open Melwarebytes when I do a scan on it weekly 

Then Quit Melwarebytes and make sure it's not running in the background.

More about issue here - https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/580792/acer-aspire-e15-522-urgent-issue-please-help#latest
  • JackE
    Please don't start multiple threads on same issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Please pull the yellow RJ45 connector overnight to see if the reboots still occur. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado novembro 2019
    JackE said:
    Please pull the yellow RJ45 connector overnight to see if the reboots still occur. Jack E/NJ
    This morning it didn't restart overnight if you read the topic

I was awake and playing a game at 1:30am my laptop froze screen went black then restarted no noise, warning or anything.

I also checked the side where air comes out the laptop to see if it was warm or hot and it was not.

The laptop completely froze and restarted on it's on while playing a game and has done it before with other games in the past as well with watching Netflix.
  • JackE
    Please, yes, I fully understood that you were awake and playing a game at 1:30am. That's why I said that it may or may not be related to the original issue of it re-starting when the machine is just sitting there idling overnight. So please pull the yellow plug if you're going to let the machine idle overnight to see if it re-starts.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    editado novembro 2019
    JackE said:
    Please, yes, I fully understood that you were awake and playing a game at 1:30am. That's why I said that it may or may not be related to the original issue of it re-starting when the machine is just sitting there idling overnight. So please pull the yellow plug if you're going to let the machine idle overnight to see if it re-starts.  Jack E/NJ
    I'm looking to resolve this problem that I'm having where it's doing it while playing games or watching Netflix.

I can't really unplug the yellow plug while playing a game to resolve this issue.

This is a screenshot of core temp running right now with the game

63 highest for or CPU Temp where the 40 C is

81 highest of Memory Usage 

50 highest of Processer Load

• JackE
    >>>when I leave my laptop on at night and wake up in the morning it will be on the sign on screen like it restarted on it's own>>>
    >>>I'm looking to resolve this problem that I'm having where it's doing it while playing games or watching Netflix.>>>

Please look at your first post again. Restarting while game playing & restarting while sitting idle overnight can be due to two completely different issues. If the latter, then pull the plug to see what happens for a few mornings. If the former, then to either rule in or rule out a hardware issue, I suggest that you back up your system and do a full erase everything factory reset as shown in the video below. If the issue persists after a factory reset, then it is most likely a hardware related issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ