Acer Aspire E15-522: Urgent Issue - Please Help

Options
EsmaGraham
EsmaGraham Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited April 23 in 2019 Archives
Hello
    So today I was playing a Virtual Reality Game called "Second Life" when my whole laptop just froze up and restarted on me without warning or anything I was no where near my laptop when it happened also I was around no lag issues or anyone at all.
I have had the same issue happen with another game called "Perfect World International"
It has also happened to me while watching something on Netflix which I found very, very strange
The issues had seemed to stop for awhile I'm not sure what has changed or what I did to cause the issue again but it is getting really annoying.
I have 4.00 GB Memory (3.46 Usable) and here are the specs websites for both games below
Perfect World International - https://pwi.gamepedia.com/System_Requirements
Please note that my husband has the same laptop as me only bought 1 year later then mine and he has had no issues that I been having regards to this.
Also I have done the battery reset and doing the F2 and F9 I think it was to put everything to defaults and save it.

Also another question in this forum are the Memory in this laptop could it be upgraded to a 8.00 GB?? I don't remember if it can or not.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options
    Please don't start multiple threads on same issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Please pull the yellow RJ45 connector overnight to see if the reboots still occur. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Yes you can upgrade to 8GB DDR3 laptop module. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• EsmaGraham
    EsmaGraham Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited November 2019
    Options
    JackE said:
    Please pull the yellow RJ45 connector overnight to see if the reboots still occur. Jack E/NJ

This morning it didn't restart overnight if you read the topic

I was awake and playing a game at 1:30am my laptop froze screen went black then restarted no noise, warning or anything.

I also checked the side where air comes out the laptop to see if it was warm or hot and it was not.

The laptop completely froze and restarted on it's on while playing a game and has done it before with other games in the past as well with watching Netflix.