My track pad is making a weird noise.

leesucks
leesucks Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
every time I click on the track pad it makes this weird wet noise? I have not spilled anything on this computer, maybe its glue?
Like peeling off glue, I dont know how this computer is made but I dont have a warranty and I would like  to fix it if I could. 

Answers

• leesucks

Hi,

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue.    If it is a software issue, we can reinstall the touchpad drivers..  You can even try fn + f6 or fn + f7 or just press only the f6 or f7 on keyboard to enable and disable the touchpad after loading into windows.    You can see the touchpad symbol on the function key f6 or f7.   Based on that you can press and hold the fn and then you can press f6 or simply press only the f6 key to enable and disable the touchpad once the computer is loaded into windows.

Step 1 ( To determine whether it is a hardware issue )

Turn off your computer.   Tap f2 while turning on the computer.   You will be on the BIOS setup screen.    Try to press the touchpad and check how it is working.   If you are facing the same issue on Bios then it is a hardware issue.     If it is a hardware issue still we can rectify it....

You probably should try removing the bottom cover and battery. Then re-seat the touchpad mainboard flexible flat ribbon cable connector a few times to clean its electrical contacts. 

Before doing this, try the basic steps...

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.

Power Drain test for laptop.

If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.

3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.

4.  Connect all the cables back

5.  Turn on the computer.

Steps to remove the battery.

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.  

If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.

Power Drain test.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds. 

3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Computer will automatically restart and it will load windows..

Check how the touchpad is working ...

If it is a software issue, the maximum what we can do is reloading the operating system.    Even after reinstalling the windows still if you face the same issue then it is a hardware issue.   

If the comments are helpful, please click on "Like"

If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• It would be interesting for you to upload a video of the problem as well.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)