upgrade memory

reform83
reform83 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hey guys, i have a nitro 5 an515-43 and i want to upgrade the memory but i have no hatch on the bottom. can mine be upgraded?

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,442 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You have to make sure that you don't have a warranty warning sticker on  any of the screws at the bottom, if you don't have the sticker, follow the sequence in the pictures below to remove the cover and make sure you don't damage any internal parts.
    If you have the warranty sticker in any of the screws, please get it done by Acer Support centre in your country.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,911 Trailblazer
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    reform83 said:
    Okay. That answers one question. But it doesnt seem to have a place for more hard drive memory. I am not savvy with computers but it seems I can only upgrade the ram. Is that correct?
    Hard Disk memory? If you mean Hard Drive storage upgrade, you should have M.2 slots on your systems board which should also be able to be upgraded to more storage, which you also have to open the back and see for M.2 slots on your motherboard, get a reference from the photos above as its in he middle of the bottom photo, which is the motherboard diagram. If you mean RAM (random available memory?) because to get to the ram modules, its illustrated in the photos above, you just have to open the back cover and it wont have warranty stickers, as RAM is always upgradable and the OEM's don't come with full RAM unless you pay for that as an added extra! The max RAM for your system is 32GB (2 x 16GB DIMM DDR4 2133 / 2400Mhz) as quoted above.

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    reform83 said:
    If my last question is, if mine looks jus like the above photo(and it does), then there is no extra slot and I would have to take out the 256 ssd and exchange it for a larger ssd. Is that correct?
    Yes, that's right you have to replace it with a larger M.2 SSD.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon reform83 !

What EXACT model of your laptop?
    By default this series supports a maximum of 32Gb RAM (having 2 slots, 16Gb each) So-DIMM DDR4 2133 / 2400Mhz

To install must remove the back cover.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You have to make sure that you don't have a warranty warning sticker on  any of the screws at the bottom, if you don't have the sticker, follow the sequence in the pictures below to remove the cover and make sure you don't damage any internal parts.
    If you have the warranty sticker in any of the screws, please get it done by Acer Support centre in your country.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• reform83
    Okay. That answers one question. But it doesnt seem to have a place for more hard drive memory. I am not savvy with computers but it seems I can only upgrade the ram. Is that correct?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,911 Trailblazer
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    reform83 said:
    Hard Disk memory? If you mean Hard Drive storage upgrade, you should have M.2 slots on your systems board which should also be able to be upgraded to more storage, which you also have to open the back and see for M.2 slots on your motherboard, get a reference from the photos above as its in he middle of the bottom photo, which is the motherboard diagram. If you mean RAM (random available memory?) because to get to the ram modules, its illustrated in the photos above, you just have to open the back cover and it wont have warranty stickers, as RAM is always upgradable and the OEM's don't come with full RAM unless you pay for that as an added extra! The max RAM for your system is 32GB (2 x 16GB DIMM DDR4 2133 / 2400Mhz) as quoted above.

• reform83
    If my last question is, if mine looks jus like the above photo(and it does), then there is no extra slot and I would have to take out the 256 ssd and exchange it for a larger ssd. Is that correct?
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    reform83 said:
    Yes, that's right you have to replace it with a larger M.2 SSD.