Control keys are not working at all - predator 1500

m7ammeed
m7ammeed Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The ctrl keys have not been working since I first got my acer predator 15😤😤. I did my best to try to solve the problem. But nothing happened.
And few months ago, the 1,2,w,z, and x key started to lag and most of the time they stop working completely 😢😢
I assigned some macro key to do the job when necessary. 
But this really gets on my nerves.
Is there anything I can do ? 
I hope you can help me
Thanks in advance 

Answers

• @m7ammeed

Hi,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience...

Step 1

Please try windows + x on keyboard or go to run - type devmgmt.msc click on ok to go to device manager.

Expand keyboard - right click on the item name and click on uninstall..  Restart the computer.  

Step 2

These are the basic steps that you need to follow.

Power Drain test for laptop.

If your computer is not having the inbuilt battery follow these steps.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

2.  Remove the battery if it is not inbuilt.

3.  Hold the power button for 50 seconds.

4.  Connect all the cables back

5.  Turn on the computer.

Steps to remove the battery.

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.  

If your computer is having an inbuilt battery follow these steps.

Power Drain test.

1.  Turn off the laptop.  Unplug all the cables and devices including power cable.

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds. 

3. Plug all the cables back and turn on the computer.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Computer will automatically restart and it will load windows..

Please check whether the keyboard is working fine..

Step 3

Try to use an alternative usb keyboard and check how it is working.     Try to go to bios by tapping f2 and check whether the inbuilt keyboard is working fine.   Check whether the arrow keys, function keys and other keys are working fine.  Please remember, you cannot use all the keys of your keyboard in Bios.  This is just to check whether it is a hardware or software issue.

If the above steps are helpful for you please click "like"

If the above steps resolves your issue please click "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• m7ammeed

Tinkerer

mohan2018 said:
    @m7ammeed

Hi,

Step 1

Please try windows + x on keyboard or go to run - type devmgmt.msc click on ok to go to device manager.

Expand keyboard - right click on the item name and click on uninstall..  Restart the computer.  

Step 2

1.  Turn off the computer.   Remove all the cables and devices including power cable

2.  Turn the laptop upside down.  Flip the laptop.  On the back of laptop there will be a unlock switch.  You need to move the switch to the left or right and then you need to pull the battery door out.  

Power Drain test.

Flip the laptop.  On the back of the laptop there will be a tiny hole.  It is called a battery reset hole.  There will be a battery symbol right next to the hole.

2. You need to insert a paper clip or small pin gently inside the hole and hold it for    30 seconds. 

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

1. Turn on the computer and keep on tapping f2.  It will go to bios setup utility

2. Press f9 once on the bios setup screen.   It will show you bios defaults.  Please press yes.

3. Press f10 on the bios setup screen.  It will show you "yes" to save the changes.  Please press yes.

Step 3

Try to use an alternative usb keyboard and check how it is working.     Try to go to bios by tapping f2 and check whether the inbuilt keyboard is working fine.   Check whether the arrow keys, function keys and other keys are working fine.  Please remember, you cannot use all the keys of your keyboard in Bios.  This is just to check whether it is a hardware or software issue.

I appreciate your help 😊
    But these steps did not resolve the problem🙄
  • m7ammeed

Tinkerer

mohan2018 said:
    @m7ammeed

Hi,

Step 1

Step 2

Power Drain test.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

Step 3

I appreciate your help 😊
    But these steps did not resolve the problem🙄
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    m7ammeed if still on warranty i would send it to get checked  also did you or anyone ever spilled something on the keyboard ? anyway you might have a faulty keyboard or just the keynoard cable not properly connected to the mobo if you are out of warranty you can open it yourself and check it also if you need any replacement parts you can contact @Kev0806 directly by pm he is an acer parts partner and would have the part you need 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• m7ammeed

Tinkerer

mohan2018 said:
    @m7ammeed

Hi,

Step 1

Step 2

Power Drain test.

Step 2

Bios Defaults.

Step 3

I appreciate your help 
    But these steps did not xapim said:
    m7ammeed if still on warranty i would send it to get checked  also did you or anyone ever spilled something on the keyboard ? anyway you might have a faulty keyboard or just the keynoard cable not properly connected to the mobo if you are out of warranty you can open it yourself and check it also if you need any replacement parts you can contact @Kev0806 directly by pm he is an acer parts partner and would have the part you need 
    I'll check this out...
    Thanks 👍
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,253 Pathfinder
    Good luck hope u manage to fix it :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/