I bought a Predator G1 refurbishe

Monterorecords
Monterorecords Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Problema is when i start the computer.... dont star window logo.. only give me the option f12

i need to buy the Windows 10?

Answers

• Monterorecords

Hi,

If the operating system is not installed on your computer,   you can visit the website  support.acer.com  - chose your country - click on store and get the recovery media which is designed for your computer. 

But if the operating system is already present on your computer then you can try the following steps to make it to work.

Kindly follow the steps below to boot up your computer..

Step 1

Power Drain test.

Power off the computer.

Unplug all the cables and devices at the back of your computer.

Unplug any devices connected to usb port.

Disconnect the monitor from the tower.

Remove the power cable.

Press and hold the power button for 50 seconds

Please connect all the cables back and the last cable that you need to connect should be the power cable

Computer should turn on properly

Step 2

Bios Defaults

Turn on the computer and keep tapping the del key

It will go to bios

Press f9 and load the bios defaults.  click on yes

Pres f10 and save the changes.  click on yes

Computer should turn on properly

Step 3.

Inside your computer there is a place called recovery partition present in your hard disk drive.    It will act like a disk to reload windows.   If the recovery partition is not corrupted you can still start the recovery process without purchasing the recovery media.

There are different ways of doing recovery.

Please remember if you do a recovery everything on the computer will be wiped out and it will become a brand new computer.

Method 1

Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.

Press the Power key to turn on the computer.

Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. ...

Select Troubleshoot.

Click Reset your PC. This process will erase all data on the your system.   You will see "keep my files" and  "Remove everything"

Choose the Refresh your PC option or "keep my files" if you want to restore your system and retain your data.  There will be an application loss if you chose "keep my files" option.

chose " remove everything " and click on "Just remove my files"

Click Reset to begin the recovery.

If the "just remove my files" option is not working you can try "fully clean the drive"

Method 2

If you are able to boot the windows

click on start, settings, update and recovery, recovery, reset this pc

It will show you "keep my files " and "remove everything" to continue with the recovery process

Method 3

You can start the recovery process using the recovery media which is designed for your computer.

It might be a set of cds or recovery flash drive which you can get it from Acer store.

If the comments are helpful please click on "like"

If the comments resolved your issue please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    What options are displayed when you press F12 at the prompt? There are a couple of things that would affect the boot process, and those symptoms sound like either the BIOS is configured for legacy boot with the HD set for UEFI boot, or the drive image isn't good. Also, give us the full model number, there have been a lot of Predators over the years...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.