Monitor Black Screen after restart - Acer DM431K 43"

manhawk
manhawk Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Just purchased an Acer DM431K 43" Ultra HD Monitor and an Acer Aspire T TC-865-NESelecti3 for our office mapping program.  I am having an issue on restarts with the monitor staying black after the restart. I have found that if you shut the monitor off for about 3 to 5 minutes, then turn it back on, the monitor works just fine.  Any ideas what causes this?   I should mention that I am not computer smart.  ;)  

Answers

• manhawk

Hi,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.   First of all we need to isolate the issue.  We need to find out whether the issue is related with your monitor, video cable ( which is connected between computer and monitor ) or the computer itself.

To make it simple we can connect your monitor to a different computer and we can check whether it is working fine.   If the same monitor is not working fine with a different computer then it might be a monitor issue or a video cable issue. 

You can even connect your computer to a different monitor and you can check it.   If the alternative monitor works fine with your computer then it might be the issue with your original monitor.

If the alternative monitor is not working fine with your computer then the issue is related with your computer. 

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• manhawk
    manhawk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you Mohan2018,

I'll give this a try next week some time.  I'll give an update after I am done...