My Acer Aspire X keeps displaying a Mode Screen pop up in the bottom right corner of the screen.

WardR
WardR Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
My Acer Aspire X has an intermittent pop up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen showing Acer modes. I can't click on it or make it go away. It comes and goes. What should I do?

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    WardR said:
    My Acer Aspire X has an intermittent pop up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen showing Acer modes. I can't click on it or make it go away. It comes and goes. What should I do?
    Hi,
    Follow the below steps  to enable and disable pop-blockers ,
    Step 1: Open Control Panel, type pop up in the top-right search box and tap Block or allow pop-ups in the result. Step 2: As the Internet Properties window shows up, deselect Turn on Pop-up Blocker and hit OK in the Privacy settings. Tip: To turn Pop-up Blocker on, select Turn on Pop-up Blocker in the Privacy settings.
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• WardR
    WardR Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you. I tried this but it didn't stop the pop up. It looks to me like an internal thing to the Acer that is showing on top of everything else by mistake.
  • Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    WardR said:
    Thank you. I tried this but it didn't stop the pop up. It looks to me like an internal thing to the Acer that is showing on top of everything else by mistake.
    Hi,
    try doing a system restore and check whether it is poping up again ; follow the below steps:
    1. Open Windows 10 and type “restore point” in the search bar.
    2. Click Create a restore point from the search results list.
    3. From the System Protection tab, at the System Restore area, click on System Restore.
    4. Click Next.
    5. Select a restore point from the available list.
    6. Click Next.
    7. Click Finish.
    Hit Accept if its useful :)