Screen stuck Acer chrome

Salsara
Salsara Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Answers

• Salsara

Hi,

Please restart the computer.

Try to press enter on the login screen.   check whether you are getting the sign in screen.    Try to login..

If you are able to see the sign in screen but if you are not able to sign in please follow the steps given below..

Step 1

Remove an account from a Chromebook

If someone no longer uses your Chromebook regularly, you can remove their account. Here’s how:

1. On the sign-in screen, click the profile that you want to remove.
    2. In the lower-right corner of the profile picture, click the Down arrow Down arrow.
    3. Click Remove this user.
    4. In the box that appears, click Remove this user.

When you remove an account, it’s only removed from the Chromebook. The Google Account itself, including its data and settings, will still exist.

Restart the computer and try to sign in..

Step 2

Reset your Chromebook to factory settings

You can make your Chromebook run like new again by doing a factory reset. If you will no longer be using your device, you may want to do a factory reset.

A factory reset erases all the information on your Chromebook's hard drive, including all the files in the Downloads folder.

The factory reset won't delete any of your files on Google Drive or external storage device.

Step 3

Otherwise try to do a hard reset..

If your Chromebook will not boot up at all, you can perform a hard reset by holding down Refresh+Power simultaneously for about five seconds. The refresh key looks like a circular arrow and is typically located at the top of the keyboard. ... A hard reset simply restarts your Chromebook's hardware.

On some models you can try Esc + refresh key + power simultaneously for 5 seconds to start the reset..

Step  4

Factory reset your Chromebook

1.  Turn on the computer   If you are able to see the sign on screen...
    2. Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
    3. Select Restart.
    4. In the box that appears, select Powerwash and then Continue.
    5. Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account.
      Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the owner account.
    6. Once you've reset your Chromebook:
    If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    That screen looks broken to me...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.