Fan and Temperature Problem Nitro 5

leet2000
leet2000 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,this is my first time buying a laptop (Nitro 5) and I'm not familiar with it.
When gaming,the temperature rises to max 95 degree c and the fan is around 5k,is this normal because the fan is very fast. The cpu usage is 100% when playing,anyway to fix it?

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    @leet2000 Your problem is simple, your laptop has 2 graphics cards, Dedicated for routine tasks and Discrete for gaming,  take a look at your screenshot, in the bottom right hand corner it shows that your Discrete Nvidia GPU (for gaming) is idle so you are gaming on your Dedicated GPU which is for routine tasks, that's why you have high temperatures. Part of the setup process for this laptop is to select which games and programs run on your Discrete Nvidia GPU so
    follow the instructions in this video to select the Nvidia GPU as primary for your games and other demanding programs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTbbG7QBDig

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• SneakyNinchilla
    SneakyNinchilla Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I'd caution anything over 90 degrees.  You may want to consider checking the "Cool Boost" option in the upper right of that fan screen.  Or manually maxing out your fans.

You can also undervolt your CPU (use with caution.)

What game?  Graphics settings?  What exact model do you have?
  • leet2000
    Game is Tekken7,high graphics,model is AN515-52.
    Cool boost is on but the temperature is still over 90 at max.
  • andylb
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    @leet2000 Your problem is simple, your laptop has 2 graphics cards, Dedicated for routine tasks and Discrete for gaming,  take a look at your screenshot, in the bottom right hand corner it shows that your Discrete Nvidia GPU (for gaming) is idle so you are gaming on your Dedicated GPU which is for routine tasks, that's why you have high temperatures. Part of the setup process for this laptop is to select which games and programs run on your Discrete Nvidia GPU so
    follow the instructions in this video to select the Nvidia GPU as primary for your games and other demanding programs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTbbG7QBDig

Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank you

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• leet2000
    Thanks,that kinda lower the temperature. But what is the safer temperature? I still got 85 at max after doing that.
  • andylb
    leet2000 said:
    Thanks,that kinda lower the temperature. But what is the safer temperature? I still got 85 at max after doing that.

Anything below 90 deg with occasional higher spikes. I also use an inexpensive USB powered Targus cooling mat for another 5 deg lower
    Please click YES if I have answered your question, thank uou

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★