i have to go back to my earlier version of my windows 10

Guruvenkat12
Guruvenkat12 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i have to go back to my earlier version of my windows 10 i have updated my windows before 10 days so it is not showing the recovery option in my recovery settings
predator helios 300 8 gb ram and 4 gb graphic card

Answers

• Guruvenkat12

Hi,

If you are trying to do recovery using recovery options..

There are different ways of doing recovery.

Please remember if you do a recovery everything on the computer will be wiped out and it will become a brand new computer.

Method 1

Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely.

Press the Power key to turn on the computer.

Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. ...

Select Troubleshoot.

Click Reset your PC. This process will erase all data on the your system.   You will see "keep my files" and  "Remove everything"

Choose the Refresh your PC option or "keep my files" if you want to restore your system and retain your data.  There will be an application loss if you chose "keep my files" option.

chose " remove everything " and click on "Just remove my files"

Click Reset to begin the recovery.

If the "just remove my files" option is not working you can try "fully clean the drive"

Method 2

If you are able to boot the windows

click on start, settings, update and recovery, recovery, reset this pc

It will show you "keep my files " and "remove everything" to continue with the recovery process

Method 3

You can start the recovery process using the recovery media which is designed for your computer.

It might be a set of cds or recovery flash drive which you can get it from Acer store.

Method 4

You can download the windows 10 to a blank usb flash drive using a different computer.    After downloading the windows 10 to the flash drive you can connect the flash drive to non working computer and start the recovery process.

If you are not trying to do recovery and if you have just lost the recovery option after the updates...

1. Try to do a system restore  ( By going to advanced options ) 

It will restore your computer to an earlier date on which it was working fine. 

2. On the troubleshoot menu, go to advance option,  you will see an option to uninstall update

How to reach troubleshoot, advanced options.

Start the computer, on the login screen don't type the password.

Hold the shift key ,  click on restart ( which you will see when you click on the power button on the screen )

You will see, please wait and then it will go to troubleshoot and advanced options

Step 2

Turn off the computer.   While holding the alt key turn on the computer and tap f10.  It will go to Troubleshoot, continue and advanced options.

Step 3

If none of the steps are working.  

Please click on troubleshoot, click on reset this pc - click on keep my files and try to refresh the pc.   There will only be an application loss if you do this.

If the comments are helpful please click on "like"

If the comments resolved your issue please click on "yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★