Acer Nitro 5 is dead...

Options
nuwanasiri
nuwanasiri Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought Acer Nitro 5 AN515 SN ************************ from Sri Lanka's authorized Acer Partner Metropolitan. In the first week I observed that battery is not charging while working and it's the battery level is less than 15%. It shows the battery status as plugged in, Not charging. Then I visit the metropolitan mCenter and they said it was fine after power reset and handed over the Nitro back. But the problem persists and then I set the battery warning level to 20% and work fine until yesterday. In yesterday I observed that it happening again, but this time it charge only after shutdown the machine. But today I the machine was dead after one hour working(Charger was plugged in) and could not turn on again. And all the lights ware dead too.. I bring it to Metropolitan service center and they saying that there is chip-burn marks and I cant claim the warranty. To replace mother board I was asked to pay half of the laptop price. 

As I know I have never done any thing wrong and always used the original power adapter. 
Please let me know if there is way I can claim the warranty without paying 50% of the price to fix this.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    nuwanasiri

Hi,

I really sorry for the inconvenience.   Please visit the website support.acer.com   Chose your country.   Click on contact Details.    Get the details from them.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• nuwanasiri
    Options
    mohan2018 said:
    nuwanasiri

Hi,

I really sorry for the inconvenience.   Please visit the website support.acer.com   Chose your country.   Click on contact Details.    Get the details from them.

Hi There is no option to select Sri Lanka in country list. I there any other way to get support from acer?
  • William_mk2
    Options
    Hi,

I really sorry for the inconvenience.   I did a research on this.

Please visit the link given below.    Please go through the entire list.   I am able to see some customer service details..

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/regional-partners

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• nuwanasiri
    Options
    mohan2018 said:
    nuwanasiri

Hi,

Hi There is no option to select Sri Lanka from country list. Is there anyway I can get support.
  • nuwanasiri
    Options
    mohan2018 said:
    nuwanasiri

Hi,

Hi There is no option to select Sri Lanka from country list. Is there anyway I can get support.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I suspect that you had your power cord plugged directly into the power socket. ALL computers should ALWAYS be plugged into a surge protector and NEVER directly into the power supply. The damage you describe, burnt chip,  is consistent with a power surge and would invalidate your warranty
    I'm sorry if this is not the answer you wanted never the less please click YES if I have answered your question

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★