Can you view/use two inputs at one time with Acer's ultra wide monitors? - Acer EI491CR

STRUCK13
STRUCK13 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I am in the market for an ultra wide monitor and I came across this monitor at QVC.com, the Acer 49" Curved DFHD Monitor with AMD FreeSync2. I am assuming it is this same monitor as the one I found at Wal-Mart.com, the Acer EI491CR 49" 32:9 Ultra-Wide Curved HDR LCD Monitor model # UMSE1AAP01. I am a current up and coming video game streamer and I want a monitor that can run my Xbox One and streaming pc side by side on the same single monitor screen simultaneously. Does this monitor have that function on it? If not does any of Acer monitors have this function?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Then I stand corrected. :) It looks like they do support it with those newer models...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• STRUCK13
    I know the LG ultra wides have this feature, but the price though….
  • billsey
    No, I believe you can see each on the monitor, but not both at once.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • STRUCK13
    ok I found this info on Acer's website on that monitor - 

Widescreen Versatility

Multitask like a pro with PIP and PBP functions. Punch the hot key or call up the screen setting menu to make the best use of the monitor’s massive real estate. Easily adjust your settings on the fly via the Display Widget utility software.

I am thinking that this might indicate that it does view two separate sources at the same time including audio as per definiton of PBP. I am thinking that I might pull the trigger on the montitor.

• STRUCK13

PBP function

[LCD]PIP/PBP function [LCD]PIP/PBP function. Overview ASUS exclusive innovations, Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP) , allow users to view images from different signals in almost any way they want. PIP and PBP allow users to browse images from different signals and let them switch between the main and PIP source, including audio.

• STRUCK13
    I found this on Samsung's website - 

What is the difference between PIP and PBP

Last Update Date : Apr 02. 2018

The PIP (Picture in Picture) function separates the screen into two parts. One source device is displayed on the main screen at the same time the another source device is displayed in inset windows.

The PBP (Picture by Picture) function separates the screen in half displaying output from two different source devices simultaneously on the left and right sides of the screen.

Compatible with Windows7 and Windows8.

The PIP/PBP function may not be available depending on the specifications of the graphics card used. If the screen is blank in PIP/PBP mode when the optimum resolution is selected, go to Control Panel Display Screen Resolution and click Detect on the PC.

(Instructions are based on Windows 7.) If the screen is blank when the resolution is set to the optimum resolution, change the resolution to 1280 x 1024.

What is the difference between PIP and PBP

To maximize the picture quality, it is recommended to use a graphics card that supports 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution.

Due to system suitability problem for graphics card and Windows when PIP/PBP function is used, optimal resolution cannot be changed automatically. Set PIP/PBP Mode to Off or manually change the resolution to the optimum resolution using the Windows interface.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Then I stand corrected. :) It looks like they do support it with those newer models...
  • STRUCK13
    I hope billsey! I ordered it:)
  • billsey
    Be sure and let us know!