AN515-42 How to set RX560X as default.. Now vega 8 mobile gfx running as Primary GPU

Srii
Srii Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I tried switching softwares to use Dedicated graphic card but they are using only Vega 8 integrated graphics just because it sets as primary. i cant fine any option to set Dedicated card as primary. And games are giving upto 30fps only,, Switching graphics is big big headache for me! 

Best Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Please click YES if my answer below solves your problem, thank you

There is no Global tab to make it Primary the Vega 8 will always be primary in a Global sense, instead you must import and select each game individually to run on the RX560x as the Primary

Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:
    Open your AMD control center 
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.9.2  or higher and click express upgrade

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you MUST launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center NOT from the game itself or a desktop shortcut. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    Answer ✓
    Android Emulator should not need the RX560x the Vega 8 should be adequate but if it has a .exe file you can still add it under Switchable Graphics and the Games tab. The Rx560x is really only needed for graphically demanding programs and games. I'm glad your games are now running correctly, good luck

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• andylb
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓

There is no Global tab to make it Primary the Vega 8 will always be primary in a Global sense, instead you must import and select each game individually to run on the RX560x as the Primary

Make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into power while gaming, Windows MUST be set to High Performance plan, then do this:
    First click the Updates tab at the bottom left and make sure your graphics drivers are updated to 19.9.2  or higher and click express upgrade

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your games are listed under switchable graphics and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below

Lastly to run your game on the RX560x you MUST launch the game from inside the Radeon Adrenalin Control Center NOT from the game itself or a desktop shortcut. Click the gaming tab then if your game is not there you will need to add your game's .exe by using the ADD button on the right and navigating to your games .exe file, then click the drop down box for your game then click launch. The game will now launch using the RX560x 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Srii
    Srii Member Posts: 5 New User
    andylb said:

Yes but still I'm running in Vega 8 for android emulator
  • andylb
    Answer ✓
    Android Emulator should not need the RX560x the Vega 8 should be adequate but if it has a .exe file you can still add it under Switchable Graphics and the Games tab. The Rx560x is really only needed for graphically demanding programs and games. I'm glad your games are now running correctly, good luck

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★