Audio Playback Problem on Swift 5 for headphone

Sinopanda
Sinopanda Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
When I plug in my headphone into the Swift 5, it doesn't recognise it and the audio playback continues to play from the speaker even though the pop out windows prompts me for which device did I plug in. I click on headphone and nothing happen, the audio playback still continues to play from my loud speaker. 

I managed find a solution through Google, opened device manager and manually disable the Realtek drive and unable it again while the headphone remained plugged in. However I need to do this every time I unplug and plug again. 

Is this a software glitch or is this hardware problem? 

Answers

• Sinopanda

Hi,

Please find the details below

Step 1: Enable and/or set the default playback device

The headphones or headset you want to use might need to be enabled and/or set as the default device. Follow these steps:
    1. From the Playback tab of the sound window select the device that you want to use (there could be one or more devices).
    2. If the device you want to use contains a small circle with an arrow pointing down, the device is disabled. To enable the device, right-click the device name and select Enable.
      Figure : Enable selection in the Sound window
      Enable selection in the Sound window
    3. Click Set Default to make this the default headset, then click Apply.
      Figure : Set Default option in the Sound window
      Set Default option in the Sound window

Step 2: Check the volume and mute settings

The volume for the headphones or headset might be muted or turned down, making the computer appear unresponsive to the device. Use these steps to check the volume levels for the audio device.
    NOTE: 
    Disconnect all sound devices before performing this step.
    1. From the Playback tab of the sound window, select an active device, then click Properties.
      The Properties window opens.
      Figure : Playback tab in Sound window
      Playback tab in Sound window
    2. Click the Levels tab.
      Figure : Levels tab in Properties window
      Levels tab in Properties window
    3. If the Mute  button is enabled, click it to turn off mute. The mute button should show as a blue speaker .
    4. Raise the Speakers volume to 50 or higher.
    5. Click OK.
    Updating the audio driver
    If the headphones or headset device is not functioning with your computer, updating the audio driver can sometimes resolve the problem. Follow these steps to check for and install audio driver updates:Connect to the Internet.From the Start screen, type device manager to open the Search charm, then select Device Manager from the search results.Figure : Device Manager search resultsDevice Manager search resultsDouble-click Sound, video and game controllers.Right-click the name of the sound hardware and select Update Driver Software.Figure : Update Driver Software option in Device ManagerUpdate Driver Software option in Device ManagerClick Search automatically for updated driver software and wait for Windows to update the driver software.Figure : Updated Driver Software: Search automatically for updated driver softwareUpdated Driver Software Search automatically for updated driver softwareWindows checks to see if updated driver software is available.If an update is available, let Windows install the update.When the update is installed successfully, close the Updater and test the device.Figure : Windows has successfully updated your driver softwareWindows has successfully updated your driver softwareIf there was no update available or updating the driver did not resolve the issue, continue to the next section.Using the Windows troubleshooting toolThe troubleshooting tool can fix common problems with audio playback. Follow these steps to use the Troubleshooting tool:From the Start screen, type troubleshooting to open the Search charm, then select Troubleshooting from the search results.Figure : Troubleshooting search resultsTroubleshooting search resultsUnder Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.Figure : Troubleshoot audio playbackTroubleshoot audio playbackThe Playing Audio window opens. Click Next.Figure : Playing Audio windowPlaying Audio windowA new window opens. Select the device you want to troubleshoot. Then click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.Figure : Select device to troubleshootSelect device to troubleshootIf a recommended action displays, select Apply this fix or Skip this step to continue to search for other problems. If the problem has not been resolved, continue to the next section of this article.Checking the sound settingsThere are a number of options in Windows sound settings that need to be configured so that the computer recognizes and works with the headphones or headset. Use these steps to modify the sound configuration as necessary for your device.Step 1: Make sure the device is recognized by the computerConnect the device to the computer.From the Start screen, type sound to open the Search charm, then select Sound from the search results.Figure : Sound search resultsSound search resultsThe Sound window opens.Click the Playback tab in the Sound window.Figure : Playback tabPlayback tabRight-click an empty area of the Sound window.Click Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.Figure : Disabled and disconnected devices shown in the Playback tabDisabled and disconnected devices shown in the Playback tabIf the device is listed as "Currently unavailable" or "Not plugged in," disconnect it, then reconnect it to the port.Test the device by sending a signal from the sound source. For example, play an .mp3 music file to test the headphones or speak into the microphone to test a headset.Look at the gray bars next to the device name on the Playback tab:If the gray bars next to the device name change to green, the device is active and an audio signal is passing through the line-out port. The issue should now be resolved. However, you might still want to make sure the device is set as the default device by leaving the Playback tab open, and using the  Setting the default device section of these details.If the bars remain gray and inactive, the computer is not recognizing a signal. Leave the Playback tab open and refer to the  Setting the default device section of this details.
    Figure : Sound window with Playback tab showing a detected signal for the deviceSound window with Playback tab showing a detected signal for the device

Please find the troubleshooting details to work it on windows 10
    Run the audio troubleshooterThe audio troubleshooter might be able to fix audio problems automatically.
    To run the troubleshooterIn the search box on the taskbar, type audio troubleshooter, select Fix and find problems with playing sound from the results, then select Next.Select the device you want to troubleshoot and then continue through the troubleshooter. You can also launch the troubleshooter from audio Settings. Select Start  > Settings > System  > Sound  > Troubleshoot.
    Step 2
    Set your audio device as the default deviceIf you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default device.
    In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, then select it from the results.Select Hardware and Sound from the Control Panel, and then select Sound.On the Playback tab, right-click the listing for your audio device, select Set as Default Device, and then select OK.If setting your audio device as the default device doesn't help, continue to the next tip for additional troubleshooting

Step 3

Try windows + x on keyboard 
    click on device manager
    Right click on sound driver - update
    check how the device is working now.

Step 4

Try windows + x on keyboard 
    click on device manager
    Right click on sound driver - click Uninstall

Restart the computer.
    It will install the sound driver.

check how the device is working now.

If the comments are helpful, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★