Acer nitro5 AN515-52 support 12gb ram?

Shakir98
Shakir98 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
does Acer Nitro5 An515-52 support 12 gb (4+8)ram???

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Shakir98
    It does not support 4+8
    But it will support 4+4

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @Shakir98
    It does not support 4+8
    But it will support 4+4

• Shakir98
    Shakir98 Member Posts: 6 New User
    So I need to buy a single 16gb ram and replace the 4gb ram for me to get more than 10gb ram??
  • Shakir98

Hi,

Yes.  It support 4 gb + 8 gb ( 12 gb of ram ).  Maximum memory you can add is 32 gb. 

Please read the info below for more details.

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 compatible upgrades

memory

Slots: 2 (2 banks of 1)

Maximum Memory: 32GB

*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

Standard Memory: 8GB removable

Some examples are....

16GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM

• DDR4 PC4-19200 • CL=17 • DUAL RANKED • X8 BASED • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR4-2400 • 1.2V • 2048MEG

32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 SODIMM

• DDR4 PC4-19200 • CL=17 • DUAL RANKED • X8 BASED • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR4-2400 • 1.2V • 2048MEG

8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 SODIMM

• DDR4 PC4-19200 • CL=17 • SINGLE RANKED • X8 BASED • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR4-2400 • 1.2V • 512MEG X

4GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM

• DDR4 PC4-19200 • CL=17 • SINGLE RANKED • X8 BASED • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR4-2400 • 1.2V • 512MEG X

If the comments are helpful,, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Jack22
    Shakir98 said:
    So I need to buy a single 16gb ram and replace the 4gb ram for me to get more than 10gb ram??
    The below picture will show you how much Ram you can put maximum in the Slot 1 and in Slot 2.

• Shakir98

Hi,

Memory works in two modes.   Single mode and Dual mode.    On the previous post, if you look at my post very carefully,  I have given you examples for single mode and Dual mode memory module. 

As a lay man to make things very simple, I recommend you to use either a same pair of  two 4gb , same pair of  two 8 gb or same pair of two 16 gb memory module with the same frequency.   Please use the same mode for both the memory either single or Dual. 

If you want to learn more about this, please ready the info below.

Can I use 8GB RAM together with 4GB RAM?

Usually you can but it depends on the motherboard. There are chips which are 4GB and 8GB, in dual channel mode this will not work. But you would still get 12GB total only a little slower.

Sometimes you will have to swap the RAM slots since the detection has bugs. Like it will only show 4GB instead of the 8GB. Swapping the slots might work.. If the detection is really bad then it might not work at all.. IE you can either use the 4GB RAM or the 8GB RAM but not both at the same time.

As you can see there are a lot of probabilities here. Now I always buy 2 of the same if I am going to use it in Dual channel mode.. Or 4 of the same if I am needing that much ram since even companies will now sell matched sets of 2 or 4 or 8 RAM sticks. That is to make sure all of them work at the same frequency without problems. You see even if a single stick works properly, adding in another one might load the bus enough to not work.

A dual channel memory system has a memory controller with two independent channels. So for a data read that needs, say, 1000 memory accesses, a single channel controller has to perform 1000 reads, whereas with a dual channel controller, each channel only needs to do 500, giving much better performance. That doesn't mean it will be automatically twice as fast for any given system, but it gives a considerable improvement in potential data transfer rate.

It's recommended for dual channel systems to use DIMMs matching in ratings including size. So it could be best to use two 4GB DIMMS.

Some systems can use dual channel mode with differing size SIMMs by running the larger DIMM partly in dual channel mode, and the remainder that doesn't pair with the smaller SIMM in single channel mode. Not all systems can do this, you would need to find out if the specifications of your laptop indicate whether it can.

If it cannot, you would end up with the whole 12GB running in the slower single channel mode, so you'd probably be better off with the two 4GB DIMMs, depending on your RAM requirements in typical usage. If it can do split mode, you could have the 12GB with the first 8GB running in dual channel mode, and the last 4GB being that bit slower, but only being used if the system needs more than 8GB of memory active.

Some examples are....

16GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM

32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 SODIMM

8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 SODIMM

4GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM

If the comments are helpful,, please click on "like"
    If the comments resolves your issue, please click on "Yes"

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Hello @mohan2018

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.   The reason I knew it would run in dual channel (for mixed capacity) is because I looked on userbenchmark.  I found someone who had 8GB+16GB=24GB.  I knew their rig was running in dual channel (partially) because they were able to achieve 29 GB/s reads and writes.  If they were only running in single channel, they wouldn't theoretically be able to achieve 29GB/s.

bandwidth = DDR clock rate x data bus width / 8

Bandwidth in single channel= 2666 x 64 /8

Bandwidth in dual channel = 2666 x (64 x 2) /8

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/579630/can-i-add-4gb-ram-with-8gb-ram-nitro5-an515-52

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/16828592
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    @JordanB A well researched and original answer, I have suspected the same myself, thank you

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    @andylb

Now there are times where I've noticed on userbenchmark that some people do only get single channel mode....based on their benchmark scores.  I think if you mix mainstream ram with enthusiast ram....you run a greater risk of that happening.  That's just a general observation.  My general observations are always sometimes occasionally right.  ;)
    I'm not an Acer employee.